Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if there are multiple emergencies in the same locale? This happened in our first playthrough and there was nothing in the rules about it (not talking urgent marker). We played it where there were just 2 emergencies and players could handle 1 per action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, you don't place a second emergency in the same place, you draw another card. But you can place an emergency card on a pile of Investigation cards and can't draw those cards until the emergency is taken care of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbabel wrote:
What happens if there are multiple emergencies in the same locale? This happened in our first playthrough and there was nothing in the rules about it (not talking urgent marker). We played it where there were just 2 emergencies and players could handle 1 per action.

Jarrod, Thanks for the question. Good one!

The way this is handled is...

Re-roll the die until you pick a random location that has no emergency already on it (Warehouse, apartment, etc).

Also, see this link for how to handle Mad Men Cards to make sure this doesn't happen when playing with them...

http://www.commonman.com/mad-men-cards/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah...that's right CMG.

Also, just checked out the Madmen rules where cards can stack when a Madmen card is drawn. That's just darnright nasty!angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Ah...that's right CMG.

Also, just checked out the Madmen rules where cards can stack when a Madmen card is drawn. That's just darnright nasty!angry

"Nasty"

That's a good way to put it!

I think it will be great because then people can play with any number of MM Cards and have really varied expereinces. The more you add the harder it will be.

I'm waiting to see if anyone can win with ALL of them in the deck (without altering the game in some way to make it easier).

That would be very challenging.

So far I have not been able to acheive this.

Sounds like reason enough for nomination for entry into The Police Precinct Hall of Fame!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we played with 3 mad men and did not take any out. thats possibly why we got crushed. I will remember this adjustment in the future.

The link didnt fully say how to handle 2 emergencies at one locale. It said stack them with the MM card on top and the other peeking out and it is considered multi-colored. But it didnt mention about beating it. Do you get both cards if you beat the MM? Or just the MM and the other color remains?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbabel wrote:
we played with 3 mad men and did not take any out. thats possibly why we got crushed. I will remember this adjustment in the future.

The link didnt fully say how to handle 2 emergencies at one locale. It said stack them with the MM card on top and the other peeking out and it is considered multi-colored. But it didnt mention about beating it. Do you get both cards if you beat the MM? Or just the MM and the other color remains?

Jarrod, You are right, it was not clearly stated.

Thanks!!!

I have made all necessary adjustments now.

Please take a 2nd look at the rules, and let me know what you think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
jbabel wrote:

Re-roll the die until you pick a random location that has no emergency already on it (Warehouse, apartment, etc).

Also, see this link for how to handle Mad Men Cards to make sure this doesn't happen when playing with them...

This doesn't cover the case when you draw an Emergency that takes place at a named building, e.g. the Booth Office Tower. There are no other office towers on the board, so what happens if I draw another Emergency card that mentions this tower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
jbabel wrote:

This doesn't cover the case when you draw an Emergency that takes place at a named building, e.g. the Booth Office Tower. There are no other office towers on the board, so what happens if I draw another Emergency card that mentions this tower?

Hey Holger!

I think you're referring to the inclusion of Mad Men Cards in the game. There is a special way of handling them. Please see the Rules for Mad Men Cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
holgerd wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
jbabel wrote:

Hey Holger!

I think you're referring to the inclusion of Mad Men Cards in the game. There is a special way of handling them. Please see the Rules for Mad Men Cards...

Yeah, I think you're right. Good call. The mad men somehow hid themselves amongst the event cards. I realized after playing a ridiculously difficult first solo game. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes!

Let me know how your next game goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.