Wesley Austin Kinslow
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how we have been playing it. The "treat this as a successful run on HQ" thing should fulfill the requirement for Notoriety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree with your interpretation.

Sneakdoor Beta says "treat [the run] as a successful run on HQ"; Notoriety says "if you made a successful run on... HQ".

Open and shut case .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the third fourth opinion you wanted. Seems perfectly legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:

• Run R&D successfully.
• Run Archives successfully.
• Use Sneakdoor Beta to perform a successful run on Archives that counts as a successful run on HQ.
• Play Notoriety as all central servers have been successfully run.

That's how I play it.

Oh, about Sneakdoor Beta there is this ruling reported:
The effect of Sneakdoor Beta is predicated on a successful run on a specific server http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10805474#10805474

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:
• Run R&D successfully.
• Use Sneakdoor Beta to perform a successful run on Archives that counts as a successful run on HQ.

As others have mentioned, this is correct.

Note that you cannot use Sneakdoor Beta twice, because when you use it, it's no longer counted as a successful run on Archives, "instead treat it as a successful run on HQ". (emphasis mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Doss
United States
Crossville
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Disagree...

it states to INSTEAD treat it as a successful run for HQ which means it won't count as a success for archives, but for HQ and would need to perform an additional run on archives to claim notoriety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
Love is YOU
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deebs wrote:
FileAccess wrote:
• Run R&D successfully.

As others have mentioned, this is correct.

Note that you cannot use Sneakdoor Beta twice, because when you use it, it's no longer counted as a successful run on Archives, "instead treat it as a successful run on HQ". (emphasis mine)

As stated here, you still need 3 runs that turn before playing notoriety, but this should work out.

Also, as mentioned in the link posted earlier (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10805474#10805474) if you get redirected to a different server (for example, by Bullfrog) and finish it there, it doesn't count as a successful run as the original server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coop
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
Sorry to wake the thread up again - Bullfrog is a different effect to Sneakdoor Beta.

Bullfrog moves the server you are on BEFORE the run is successful. So, I agree that Sneakdoor that was redirected by a Bullfrog would not be successful.

Meanwhile, Sneakdoor Beta checks to see if the run on Archives is successful AFTER the run is successful. Sneakdoor then switches you to HQ and makes the run successful at HQ.

So, Sneakdoor Beta is successful at both Archives and HQ.

The wording of 'instead' is to prevent people from pretending to run on HQ via Archives and then decide to access Archives at the last minute. By making the run on Archives, you're accessing HQ regardless of what is in Archives.

I do think an official ruling needs to be made on this, but Bullfrog+Sneakdoor Beta is a different interaction to Sneakdoor Beta+ Notoriety. It's almost like Notoriety is a 'checklist' of successful runs rather than having to be 'Make 3 runs'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So if there's a Hokusai Grid on HQ and Bernice Mai in Archives, and I use Sneakdoor Beta, which one of them triggers on a successful run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
So if there's a Hokusai Grid on HQ and Bernice Mai in Archives, and I use Sneakdoor Beta, which one of them triggers on a successful run?

Hokusai Grid. Sneakdoor Beta says that if the run on Archives is successful, you instead treat it as a run on HQ. A successful run on HQ is therefore what has occurred, not a successful run on Archives, so the upgrade on HQ with a "when successful" clause will fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.