Subject: BARRAGE WITH ADDITIONAL DGs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm. Regarding this rule "Additional DGs have no greater effect on a target units except that each DG does yield another Kill Roll attempt".

My artillery fires against a hex that has a previous DG marker.

- First case: my artillery generates a new DG on that hex. So I will make 2 Kill Rolls that could kill 2 steps.
- Second case: my artillery doesn't generate a new DG. I won't make any Kill Roll even though the objective hex is with a DG marker, since this previous DG is not an "additional" DG.

So, the máximum number of Kill Rolls per artillery firing unit is 2, because the maximun number of DG markers in a hex is 2. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
This rule means...

If an artillery unit scores a DG on a stack that already contains a DG marker it does NOT add another DG marker, but it does get to make another Kill Roll.

There is no reason to have more than one DG marker in a hex.

The maximum number of Kill Rolls per firing artillery unit is 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lehr wrote:
This rule means...

If an artillery unit scores a DG on a stack that already contains a DG marker it does NOT add another DG marker, but it does get to make another Kill Roll.

There is no reason to have more than one DG marker in a hex.

The maximum number of Kill Rolls per firing artillery unit is 1.

Sorry, my English is not very good. Doesn't the Word "another" imply that there was a previous Kill Roll?

I would understand that an artillery unit can make only one Kill Roll if your sentence were "if an artillery unit scores a DG on a stack that already contains a DG marker it does NOT add another DG marker, but it does get to make the Kill Roll". It's the word another what confuses me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lehr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
proyecto_mgj wrote:
Sorry, my English is not very good. Doesn't the Word "another" imply that there was a previous Kill Roll?

Your English seems good to me. Overall, I think the Bastogne rules are some of the best I have ever seen for a wargame, but the particular sentence we are talking about could have been worded better.

Since there is a DG marker in the hex they are assuming that it was due to a previous artillery attack (This is not necessarily the case, but this is what they are assuming). Since there was a previous DG due to artillery, there must have also been a previous Kill Roll. That is why they say "another".

proyecto_mgj wrote:
I would understand that an artillery unit can make only one Kill Roll if your sentence were "if an artillery unit scores a DG on a stack that already contains a DG marker it does NOT add another DG marker, but it does get to make the Kill Roll". It's the word another what confuses me.

I think I like your wording better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.