Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, so here's a rules question about the interaction of Eligor's Vengeful style and Malandrax's Precision Style? Vengeful allows Eligor to ignore movement effects applied by opponents this beat but I am wondering if Precision qualifies as it doesn't impose a movement effect - it says Malandrax controls any movement that the opponent would make. So which is it:

a) Malandrax can move Eligor because this is not a movement effect
b) Eligor can move freely as this is considered a moevement effect
c) Eligor cannot move at all because his movement is now Malandrax's but he can't execute it because of Vengeful

Cheers and thanks for any insight!

Mitko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it has been said that a "movement effect" is an effect that causes a fighter to move. I would say that Eligor moves by his own effect and Malandrax controls the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, seeing as nobody else has said anything different, I suppose you are right That would be option a) then. Thanks, Adam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Precision style allows Malandrix to control any choices conferred by movement effects on the opponent, wherever those effects come from. It itself is not a movement effect. It cannot allow the opponent to move unless another card allows it to do so.

The Veneful style allows Eligar to ignore all movement effect conferred by an opponent. Precise is not a movement effect, because it is not one of the six defined movement effects listed in the rulebook. Precise cannot be used to move a character.

Now let's take the example of a Precision Grasp vs a Veneful Drive. Let's ignore priority, stun, and damage for the moment.

Normally the Precision Grasp would allow Malandrix to move his opponent, however, in this case, Vengeful completely ignores the "Move" effect granted by Grasp.

Now the Veneful Drive forces Eligar to move by endowing a move effect that he cannot ignore (because he can only ignore enemy move effects). The move effect says he must advance one or two spaces, but he has a choice to advance 1 space or 2 spaces. However, due to the Precision card, this choice now belongs to Malandrix instead of Eligar.

Hopefully that will help keep Eligar far enough away that he can't close the distance to unleash the powerful counter-assault to Malandrix's relatively weak ranged hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
adamxpaul wrote:
I believe it has been said that a "movement effect" is an effect that causes a fighter to move. I would say that Eligor moves by his own effect and Malandrax controls the effect.

thumbsup This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an ancient thread, but what about Leading? I figure it can be ignored but it brings up its own set of similar and weird questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.