Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

if someone builds cities on his occupied places, normally, by trading tokens, for cities, and has only one occupied territory,
then he is now without tokens at all.

The same is true, if a weak player with only one occupied hex, ATTACKS another player (with 4 or more occupied), and the weak attacker loses the combat!!!!!!!!!

How is this managed???????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules have been thought so that the other players cannot eliminate you from the game, but if you want to eliminate yourself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah!

Even so, it is extremelly difficult to keep up, if you build a city, and be left with only one or two occupied hexes, and NO grass to give birth....

there must be a way of protection....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
The protection is not building a city if you are going to get so exposed to others.

First secure some grass hexes, or wait till you have enough tokens so that you will have some left when you build the city, or do not attack with your last tokens, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Brown
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that the attacker only loses 1 token at most. A player who occupies 3 or fewer hexes can not be attacked, so losing your last stack could only occur if you did the attack and had only 1 token.

Always hold 2 or 3 grasslands; do not build your cities on grasslands until you have a glut of them. I usually spend the first few turns ignoring the advancement table and scooping up grasslands (of course that usually means that I do win advancement in turn 2, which helps with the spreading). I always start on a grassland bordering a lake if possible to aid in this land grab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.