Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reminiscing about an old favorite game of mine, Electronic Detective.

I was thinking that it would be a great iOS/android game nowadays, and I would imagine, fairly easy to program (heck, if I still had my programming chops, I would tackle it myself, but sadly, stopped programming around 1991 - I'm a little behind).

That got me to thinking that MANY of the old "electronic" boardgames could have a wonderful second life as iOS games.

Dark Tower
Stop Thief

Etc...

I am sure there would be copyright issues with them, and the rights would be hard to find, but we can wish!!

What are some other games y'all can think of that would be decont mobile games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonar Sub Hunt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a game on my iPad called Journey of Fortune: Dragon's Fire that is very reminiscent of the old style electronic board games like Dark Tower. Check out the info page here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/journey-fortune-dragons-fire... The board is made to look like each space is a colored light blub and everything appears as if light from below a plastic sheet/surface. The sounds all have that digitized effect - again, reminiscent of those old electronic games.

I should add that it's not a very good game, but I love the nostalgic feel of it. I bought it at $0.99 and it's worth that, but normally it's $2.99. Here is another link about it: http://appshopper.com/games/journey-of-fortune-dragons-fire

Yes, I realize this isn't an iOS implementation of an actual 1980's era board game, but it FEELS like it is.

I would absolutely love an iOS version of Dark Tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.