United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are in the process of releasing a newly re-vamped set of rules for the Mad Men Cards.

Why is this happening?

Good question!

The answer is...

Due to feedback from YOU!

There is a little more to it than that (read the "History" section if interested in the whole story behind these cards and their evolution).

I mentioned this quietly yesterday to a few people (and even in a couple threads here on BGG), and so far the feedback has been very good.

So now I would like to invite you-all to...

Check-it-out for yourself...

http://www.commonman.com/mad-men-cards/

Warning...

The page you see may still have some typos, etc (it needs another read)

After it gets this (another read), we will link it in with our website (right now it's just floating around out in Cyber-space)

Also...

Thanks to ALL of YOU who had an impact on how this turned out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert L Miller
United States
BERRIEN SPRINGS
MI
flag msg tools
badge
The Original Series => KIRK is the Best Captain!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love BOTH the ability to alter the game using these cards as well as creating House Rules to enjoy them with the game! I just received my game on 1/22/13 as a Pre-Backer (missed the KickStarter) and have not had an opportunity to play it yet (....but the weekend is nearly here!)

One question concerning the Mad Men Cards: Will they be available to purchase through your website or the Board Game Geek Store? whistle

Although I did receive 3 of the 6 with my Pre-Backer, I am a completist and certainly would love to have the whole set!

Thanks,
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalahadtreasures wrote:
I love BOTH the ability to alter the game using these cards as well as creating House Rules to enjoy them with the game! I just received my game on 1/22/13 as a Pre-Backer (missed the KickStarter) and have not had an opportunity to play it yet (....but the weekend is nearly here!)

One question concerning the Mad Men Cards: Will they be available to purchase through your website or the Board Game Geek Store? whistle

Although I did receive 3 of the 6 with my Pre-Backer, I am a completist and certainly would love to have the whole set!

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

You bring up an interesting idea of enabling people to get more of the cards via the BGG store.

thumbsup

We thought about that a long time ago, but it didn't make sense at the time, because we had so few of them, but due to the factory error of them printing too many, we might want to reconsider this.

wow

I just updated the page to include a whole new section on how to get them. I did this based on your question, so if you look again, please know that YOU impacted our web in this way.

It's called the "How to get them" section, but it's informally referred to around here as the "Bob" Section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you thought about having "Community Service Officers" (or perhaps "Neighborhood Watch Captains) hand them out at other conventions where the game is being played/demoed, but not where CMG might have an actual presence?

For example, I will most likely be running this as an event at the Spring Gaming Hoopla, a local con which benefits the American Cancer Society and is run twice a year. Out of my small Friday night game group (less than a dozen people), I know of another person who pre-ordered the game (so just the three random cards for him) I can imagine there are going to be others who will be attending who have purchased - or who will be interested in purchasing - the game.

Perhaps have them as a reward for those who play the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
Have you thought about having "Community Service Officers" (or perhaps "Neighborhood Watch Captains) hand them out at other conventions where the game is being played/demoed, but not where CMG might have an actual presence?

For example, I will most likely be running this as an event at the Spring Gaming Hoopla, a local con which benefits the American Cancer Society and is run twice a year. Out of my small Friday night game group (less than a dozen people), I know of another person who pre-ordered the game (so just the three random cards for him) I can imagine there are going to be others who will be attending who have purchased - or who will be interested in purchasing - the game.

Perhaps have them as a reward for those who play the game?

Hummmm.....

As usual Cindy, I like your thinking!!!

Let's work on this idea.

By the way, when is your event exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spring Hoopla is April 19-21 (just announced today).

I already have someone else nearby who purchased the game who is now planning on coming to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you can turn this into a PDF so I can print it and throw it into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
Any chance you can turn this into a PDF so I can print it and throw it into the box.

Thanks for bringing that up!

I think Cindy is going to do this soon.

She mentioned it earlier today. I asked her to wait just a bit to see if I (or anyone else) ended-up caching any typos/misspellings/etc).

So, YES, I do think this is in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will give it till Monday (when I hope to get my game to the table for a solo play) and see what else might come up.

In the meantime, anyone who would like to add their pair of eyes to peruse it for typos, just GM me your email and I will send it your way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KRAMPUS
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer just posted his own set of Mad Men rules here. Can these be included on the pdf as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VAXT wrote:
The designer just posted his own set of Mad Men rules here. Can these be included on the pdf as well?

My file was created directly from the CMG website. Karl has looked at it, so we're just waiting to see if there are any adjustments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.