Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a list that ive had quite a bit of luck with recently. The idea is rather simple - do as much net damage as possible to slow the runner to a crawl.

Encryption Protocol does really well here, making Red Herrings, Akitaro, Pad Campaign, and the Occasional Snare harder to trash. Starting with a Pad campaign early can let you focus on a single server sort of strat to push through some early Niseis or what have you.

Only 12 ETR ice, but everything that doesnt end the run does damage. Combined with the fact that Encryption Protocol allows you the flexibility of not protecting your Pad Campaigns with ICE, it has worked out okay.

Red Herrings + Fetal AI + Encryption Protocol can be really fun for obvious reasons.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (9)
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x2
Private Security Force (Core) x1

Asset: (9)
Snare! (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x3
Encryption Protocol (Trace Amount) x3

ICE: (20)
Chum (Core) x3
Data Mine (Core) x2
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core) x3
Snowflake (What Lies Ahead) x3
Enigma (Core) x3
Tollbooth (Core) x3

Operation: (6)
Neural EMP (Core) x3
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (5)
Akitaro Watanabe (Core) x2
Red Herrings (Core) x3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reason for not including braintrusts and junebugs?

BrainTrust is nice in that you can score it in one turn from no advancement, while Private Security Force will require 2 turns to score. Since you have no traps, braintrust might be good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting take. Does seem a bit vulnerable to Imps and Bank jobs though. How has it fared against them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Any reason for not including braintrusts and junebugs?

BrainTrust is nice in that you can score it in one turn from no advancement, while Private Security Force will require 2 turns to score. Since you have no traps, braintrust might be good?

You make a good point about Brain Trust - the main reason I didnt include was to keep the total number of agendas down, but no reason not to include one copy. Its not likely Id get use out of private security force anyway.

As far as Junebug - Well, i didnt include it because I kind of ran out of room - This deck wants to power through some agendas early, using the threat of damage to slow the runner down in the early game. Once you've got a lead, it encourages the runner to play a little more reckless. And we all know what happens to reckless runners VS Jinteki.

Initially I was running junebug instead of Neural EMP, but Neural has been a champ due to the extra versatility it provides. Might make sense to run it instead of data mine, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
Interesting take. Does seem a bit vulnerable to Imps and Bank jobs though. How has it fared against them?

Havent played against Whizzard, but yes, Imp is good against this list and I have spent an entire turn to remove two counters from Imp.

Bank Job - Early game, it could be a problem, but late game you generally can through some painful ice on those unprotected remotes to make it less profitable.

One of my favorite server setups:
Chum
Tollbooth
Fetal AI(Or any agenda, really) + Red Herrings

A chummed tollbooth might be one of the most distressing things for a runner to encounter, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you would be better off with the new identity. It would help protecting all those assets you have and would also help in protecting those early agendas as well. This would combo very well with those Nisei that you want to score early.

The core identity is mostly useful from a net damage dealing point of view if you intent on leaving ready to score agendas on the table to combo with neural emp to finish off the runner after a nearly fatal run for example.

If you are playing it safe with your agendas (good forts (tollbooth and stuff), agenda rushing), I feel like the core identity does little for you while the new one provide significant extra protection to several elements.

Fetal AI would be less effective. That is the real down side. But I think that the pro outweight the cons here or at least that how it seems to me. I think it's worth testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what you play against. I've played against similar decks with diesel criminal and they never had an economy because it was so easy to destroy. However I imagine it would probably do well against the other two runners and would probably have an even chance against a criminal without diesel assuming they don't get an amazing hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhab wrote:
It seems like you would be better off with the new identity. It would help protecting all those assets you have and would also help in protecting those early agendas as well. This would combo very well with those Nisei that you want to score early.

The core identity is mostly useful from a net damage dealing point of view if you intent on leaving ready to score agendas on the table to combo with neural emp to finish off the runner after a nearly fatal run for example.

If you are playing it safe with your agendas (good forts (tollbooth and stuff), agenda rushing), I feel like the core identity does little for you while the new one provide significant extra protection to several elements.

Fetal AI would be less effective. That is the real down side. But I think that the pro outweight the cons here or at least that how it seems to me. I think it's worth testing.

This actually was built with the new identity in mind initially, but I found that 3 Damage from Fetal AI to be so amazingly good I couldn't pass it up. Plus, you have good remote protection in Encryption already. Rushing agendas early also gives you extra 'free' Neural EMPs. If they get unlucky early and hit A neural Katana or something and you have a partially advanced agenda, you can finish them off by scoring the agenda and following up with Neural EMPs.

It you have a fort that can do 3 net damage, it means you can safely score Fetal AIs with impunity in the early game, and there are many ways to get a fort like that. Neural Katana, Chum + Data Mine, Chum + Wall of thorns, etc. Tollbooth means they need 5 extra credits to steal it, and red herrings means they need 7.

On two occasions, I have scored a Nesei by bluffing it as a junebug. Probably wont work well against Criminal, but dropping a Nesei and advancing it twice while unprotected is pretty convincing once they know you have Encryption Protocols and Neural EMPs.

Plus, with Trick of light around now, People are more inclined to think its a Junebug, as they know two random tokens on a junebug could be used next turn to 1 turn score a 3 cost agenda with Trick of Light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks a lot like a deck I've built but haven't had a chance to play yet (hoping for tonight): I use Rototurrets over Snowflakes and Troubleshooters over Encryption Protocols, because an unexpectedly Troubleshot Turret is just so much fun. And I'm running Junebugs over EMPs but I'm not totally sold on that.

Saan wrote:
A chummed tollbooth might be one of the most distressing things for a runner to encounter, haha.

Even better? Chum > unrezzed Data Mine > Tollbooth. BRING IT.

ETA: Note that Encryption does nothing for Snare: Encryption only works on installed cards, and any runner who hits an installed Snare twice deserves whatever he gets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
JazzFish wrote:
ETA: Note that Encryption does nothing for Snare: Encryption only works on installed cards, and any runner who hits an installed Snare twice deserves whatever he gets.

Which is why I think I like encryption protocol with Junebugs - the runner gets hit, and unless they pay, you get to keep your tokens for use with trick of light....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after reading everyones comments, this is what I am thinking:

-2 Akitaro
-3 Snowflake
-1 Private Security Force

+1 Braintrust
+2 Junebug
+3 Melange

Private Security force is kinda worthless - the only tags are through snares, and Braintrust is easier to fast advance in 2 turns.

Akitaro is good, but the decks cost curve is already rather low and doesnt fit with the theme that well.
Adding Melange because Melange. It doesnt suck, and will be harder to trash with Encryption.

And adding junebug, because of all of the great reasoning in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's similar to one I have been working on but have not been happy with yet, so I'll have to compare the two and see what comes of it!

I'd been considering using the Trace Amount identity with the plan to force the runner towards a smaller pool of available servers iced with net damage and Sensei to add some extra "End the run" protection. One or two pieces of ICE per central aught to do it considering that the runner can jack out after the first one and get on with his day, unless the runner decides to focus on those to score agendas instead of hitting remotes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrun...

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (49)
Agenda (10)
Nisei MK II (Core #68) x3
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead #14) x2
Fetal AI (Trace Amount #32) x3
Private Security Force (Core #107) x2

Asset (9)
Snare! (Core #70) x3
PAD Campaign (Core #109) x3
Melange Mining Corp (Core #108) x3

ICE (21)
Enigma (Core #111) x3
Chum (Core #75) x3
Data Mine (Core #76) x3
Data Raven (Core #88) x3
Neural Katana (Core #77) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core #78) x3
Wall of Static (Core #113) x3

Operation (9)
Hedge Fund (Core #110) x3
Scorched Earth (Core #99) x2
Neural EMP (Core #72) x3
Beanstalk Royalties (Core #98) x1

Upgrade (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 0
Jinteki: 30
NBN: 6
The Weyland Consortium: 9

untested but you get the idea lol. forget trying to keep the runner out. attack their hand, get a tag to stick and slap a scorched earth on them when they feel safely out of neural emp range.

im all for upgrades, junebugs, red herrings etc but i feel like HB core id just crushes that strategy. jinteki doesnt have the econ to sprawl or run lots of assets. its only unique feature is net damage so why not just go all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.