Todd M
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when you create a guild calendar through BGG, it gives you the option to set the time zone.

But I just tried to add a Google Calendar (using the requested XML link) and it shows all the times in GMT. There's no option on the imported calendar to set the time zone.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to make the events show up in our guild's time zone (Eastern)?

EDIT:

Okay, I think the problem may be that I'm trying to import it from Meetup --> Google --> BGG. And the Meetup calendar imports into Google in GMT. So it shows the right time on my Google calendar, but can't be changed in Google...

EDIT #2:

I've tried adding ?ctz=America/New_York to the end of the XML URL. Although this seems to work properly when I put it in the browser, when I plug it "add a calendar" on BGG, it won't render the calendar. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd M
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone runs into the same problem, I figured out a work around.

If you CREATE a calendar first, and set your time zone, then you can choose ADD EXISTING calendar and it will automatically convert GMT to the time zone of the first calendar.

It seems like there should be a way to set your time zone independent of having a baseline calendar, but c'est la vie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.