Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the math trade. If you are unfamiliar with math trades, please review the two helper links (OLWLG and Math Trades tutorial) referenced below.

This thread will also be used to communicate any math trade updates, announcements from the moderator, and links to final results.

Request List: See What Other People Are Requesting

Trade list: This is where you post the games for trade

Tutorials:
Math Trades
Online Want List Generator Wiki http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Madison, Wisconsin No-Ship Math Trade - Winter 2013 Edition

The Madison gaming group Guilded Chaos will be hosting Madison's annual, no-ship math trade. The meet-up for trading will coincide with a monthly Saturday gaming session at I’m Board game shop in Middleton at 10 AM on Saturday, February 9, 2013. Math trades are a great way to get a game into your collection while being able to give a game that you no longer play. It also offers a great opportunity to meet fellow gamers from the Madison and surrounding areas.

The use of the Online Want List Generator is required for creating your want lists. (Please remember to tip
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb

some GG for his support, as without his work, this math trade could not take place.)

Key dates (all times are Central Standard Time)

goldencamelOpen for posting games for trade: 9AM Sunday, January 27, 2013 until Noon Saturday, February 2, 2013.

goldencamelWant list submission period: Noon Saturday, February 2, 2013 until 7PM Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Want lists and results will be posted shortly thereafter.

goldencamelFace-to-face trade of items: 10AM Saturday, February 9, 2013 at I’m Board game shop in Middleton, Wisconsin.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6771+university+ave&ll=43.0969...

Please note that errors made by you will not invalidate the results. You will be expected to honor your trades even if you made a mistake, so carefully review your lists before submitting them. You can make changes BEFORE the end of the submission period, but not after it.

This event is a local, no-ship math trade open to anyone who wants to participate. If you are from outside the Madison area, please be sure you can attend the trade date or pre-arrange for a courier/proxy before listing.

We will be meeting up on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 10 AM to exchange traded items and you'll either need to be in attendance or have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you.

It is very important that you do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. If you change your mind about trading an item, just submit a blank want list for that entry.

The Rules Tome

(Please take a few minutes to read them)

d10-1This is a no-shipping event. All exchanges are to be made at the I’m Board game shop in Middleton, Wisconsin at 10 AM on Saturday, February 9, 2013. Please be punctual. If you cannot attend in person, you can still participate, but you must find someone who is willing to act as your courier/proxy at the face-to-face trade.

d10-2This is an unrestricted Math Trade... All board games, RPG items, miniatures, game accessories, promos, gift certificates (FLGS and OLGS), video games, toys, and Geekgold are permitted as items for trade. Cash is not allowed.

d10-3Gift certificate and Geekgold arbitrage are NOT allowed. (i.e. You cannot put someone else's gift certificate entry on the want lists for a gift certificate you are offering in an attempt to "trade up", the same is true for Geekgold). You CAN trade Geekgold for a Gift certificate (s), and vice-versa.

d10-4Items without BGG game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), “Miscellaneous Game Merchandise” (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in the BGG database (i.e. expansion cards handed out at a convention) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) to help avoid confusion.

d10-5You are expected to describe, as accurately as possible, the condition (components and box), language, and edition of your item in the description section. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not Geekgold).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any box dings/damage.

d10-6You are expected to periodically check your listed items until the want list submission deadline to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of listed items; most commonly for clarification. You should check in to address any questions in a timely manner, so that everyone has complete information.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "Subscribe" under each of your entries. If someone adds a comment, you will receive a BGG notification and a link directly to that comment.

d10-7If you've been reported as a bad trader, you should not participate.

d10-8Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't properly show in the OLWLG.

d10-9Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

d10-1d10-0Finally, if you feel the need to use them, please keep disclaimers short and to the point so they don't make things hard to read.

Other useful information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with Duplicate Protection. SEED=1001001, ITERATIONS=200, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

I have chosen the USERS-TRADING metric because it potentially increases the number of participants trading who make at least one trade, while not affecting the overall number of trades. This means that for this particular event, the order of the items on your want lists makes NO difference and there are no PRIORITIES set.

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more Geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Want list submission

Remember that you will receive an email in your BGG inbox if you properly completed the submission of your want list.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit before the deadline.

Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them.
Remember that want lists have NOT been submitted until you press the green “Submit My Wants List” button in Step 4 and receive a confirming Geekmail. If you didn’t receive a confirmation Geekmail, then you didn’t complete the process and nothing of yours will be traded.
You are not obligated to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it.
If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honor any trade which the TradeMaximizer software generates.

So enter lots of items and have fun!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Saturday, February 2nd, 2013, 12:00 PM CST
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, February 6th, 2013, 7:00 PM CST
%End%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some things to keep in mind
Once the math trade results are posted, please keep three things in mind:

1. Try to arrange the trades via the BGG trade mechanism. This means that the your and your trading partner's traded items must be marked as "For trade". Either side of the trade party can initiate the trade and send it to the other. Within the OLWLG results summary file, clicking on your trading partner's name will bring up the BGG trade window.

This process will allow both you and your trading partner to build your respective trade ratings and have a record of the trade.

2. Remember to look over the "who wanted mine" link via the OLWLG to determine if there are any additional trades you want to offer outside of the official math trade is complete.

3. See you on Saturday, February 9 for the face to face trade and some gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Users still needing to submit want lists
With seven hours to go, the following users have not submitted a want list:

bikefreak
Spacehulk

With zero hours to go, the following users have not submitted a want list:

bikefreak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
List of Official Proxies/Couriers from Outside of Madison
1 If you live away from the local Madison-metro area and would like to be a proxy for other traders in your area, please contact me and I will list your userID info here.

2 If you are interested in the math trade, but can't travel to Madison for the face-to-face trade, please check this post to see if anyone can proxy for you. You will be responsible for communicating and coordinating with the proxy and please don't list any items unless you are 100% sure that you have a proxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Results
Official Results: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Number of trades = 72 of 303 items (23.8%)
Number of participants = 30
Number of participants trading at least 1 item = 25
Number of unique items (includes sweeteners) = 376
Number of listings = 306
Number of users not submitting want lists = 1

Official Wants: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/152710-officialwants.txt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The MT is now open for submitting your want lists.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are quite welcome. Good luck on your trades.

sanchezja wrote:
Thanks for running this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
With seven hours to go, the following users have not submitted a want list:

bikefreak
Spacehulk

I'm out of town (unexpectedly) for work and won't make the trade.

Thanks for running it.

Edit: if anyone is interested in what I have listed GM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The math trade has officially ended. Please refer the OLWLG or the links above to determine the results and want lists. Don't forget the "Who Wanted Mine" function to see if any side deals can be forged, before the meetup this Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who participated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
The math trade has officially ended. Please refer the OLWLG or the links above to determine the results and want lists. Don't forget the "Who Wanted Mine" function to see if any side deals can be forged, before the meetup this Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Thanks for running the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BotBotFling wrote:

Thanks for running the trade.

Ditto. Much appriciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to label the game (s) you are trading away with the proper or BGG usernames of the recipient... via removable post-it notes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never got around to finishing my lists, so I only had one trade...oh well. More left for next time :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.