Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Every time you draw a Dreadball card in the game (random player selection, ref movement, ...) and the selected card is an event, it replaces the current event.

This can happen very often and very fast, too fast for my liking so far.

For example, last match I played a event from my hand (event placed) and had to randomly select a player with the draw of a card. The upturned card was an event again, which overrode my just played event. I frowned and ended my rush. The drawn ref movement card was again... a event.

Those events don't stay in play for very long, or what do you think about this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hm, interesting point. When flipping up a card to select a random player our group has simply been ignoring the rest of the card. That way, the only time an event enters play is during ref movement, or when a coach plays it from his hand.

Fan checks that result in an event card being drawn don't trigger either, because they immediately get placed under the coach's fan-support card.

I'm not sure if this is right without looking at the rules, but it's been working for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Event cards have '-' for fan checks in all cases except for the Shattered Ball which is played immediately so you do have to put them into play.

It can change quite often although sounds like it was just an unfortunate series that led to it happening so much to you Seb. I think it's also worth nothing that you can play events at any time so playing them when you know you'll be moving the ref at the end of the turn or making fan checks always runs the risk of new events being put on top. Best to wait until the end of your rush before playing them if it's one that you want in play. The quick change of events can work in your favour if you've got one that's affecting your team too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Fan checks that result in an event card being drawn don't trigger either, because they immediately get placed under the coach's fan-support card.
AFAIK both Fan Checks and Random Player Selections trigger events. It's even in the rules on page 48.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
rashktah wrote:

This can happen very often and very fast, too fast for my liking so far.
Those events don't stay in play for very long, or what do you think about this issue?

Based on my group's limited play, I don't think anyone has found this to be an issue so far. At least I don't remember anyone mentioning this.
I'll watch in the games I play to see how often this comes up.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Quote:

AFAIK both Fan Checks and Random Player Selections trigger events. It's even in the rules on page 48.

That is right, both trigger fan checks. But if you look on all the event cards none of them actually have any fan dots so don't go under the home/away cards. The exception to this is shattered ball which happens immediately then goes under the home/away card (I think it has 1 fan dot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently participating in a six-person Dreadball league and I've played and witnessed many games. Most of us in the league agree that events can cycle a bit quickly at times. However, it is random and we do have games in which an event stays in play for several rushes as well.

The one rule that most of us don't really care for is that drawing a card to determine a random player can (and often does) trigger a new event. It's not fun to play an event card from your hand just to never see the event resolve in a meaningful way because it is trumped by a new event drawn when determining a random player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.