Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Aronovici
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mb
Anybody order from KR Multicase?

The trays and cases seems really nice. Just need more info about the company and if someone has used these.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It assumes you are leaving your ships on the stands, which is going to take up a lot more room than you need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what battlefoam has is pretty decent.

http://us.battlefoam.com/search.php?search_query=X-Wing&x=0&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Aronovici
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mb
Entice wrote:
It assumes you are leaving your ships on the stands, which is going to take up a lot more room than you need to.

Yeah, but no more taking off/on the pegs, which is a pain.

Also, looks like the accessories for the trays fit better than BF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binici wrote:
Entice wrote:

Ya, but unless you have enough ships to have all the pilots available all the time you're going to be removing them from the stands anyway. There's no way to get the ship tokens on the stands without taking the ship off it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
poboxgarret wrote:
I think what battlefoam has is pretty decent.

http://us.battlefoam.com/search.php?search_query=X-Wing&x=0&...

Yeah, I actually received the basic star wars kit from BF: http://us.battlefoam.com/products/Star-Wars-Game-Foam-Kit.ht...
(the one that fits back into the core box)

I have every slot filled with the appropriate ships: 4 TIE, 2 Advanced, 2 Y, and 2 X. And it is completely impossible to fit the rest of the components in the open space left over. And I only have 1 core set. I still ended up buying the Plano 5231 for all the components. I'll just use the open space in the BF insert for Slave 1 and the Falcon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karrde wrote:
binici wrote:
Entice wrote:

Ya, but unless you have enough ships to have all the pilots available all the time you're going to be removing them from the stands anyway. There's no way to get the ship tokens on the stands without taking the ship off it.

You're still saving seconds of setup time.

SECONDS!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Aronovici
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mb
magadizer wrote:
karrde wrote:
binici wrote:
Entice wrote:

You're still saving seconds of setup time.

SECONDS!!!!

LOL, time is money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a KR Multicase set last week. I bought 2 sets of "A" in the standard cardboard box. Currently I own 2 core sets, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 Tie, and 3 Adv-Tie sets. With 15 total ships I've got enough room left for the small Wave 2 ships. Everything was around $50 shipped.

I was really impressed with their foam kits. I love not having to take the ships of the stands (the X-wings always made me nervous removing the top pegs). I've managed to fit all the ships, cards and tokens into separate sides of the case (one for each faction). I've also sleeved all my cards with FFG sleeves and everything fits quite nicely.

Overall I highly recommend KR and I'm looking forward to their Wave 2 kits so I can buy a nice hard case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Verhelst
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
I'm looking forward to their Wave 2 kits so I can buy a nice hard case

Aren't the ones there now the wave 2 kits? Their description says "20 ships on stands (X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, Tie fighter, Tie Advanced, Tie Interceptor)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they support all the regular wave 2 ships, but not the larger MF and Slave. I was just saying that I'll probably need another few trays to support those large ships and all their additional cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kangyu Chia
Singapore
Varsity Park Condominium
flag msg tools
badge
Ouch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any pictures of the KR kit?

Would really love to see how they work..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cky88 wrote:
Do you have any pictures of the KR kit?

Would really love to see how they work..

I'll take some pictures on Sunday when I'm back home. I was also planning on making a quick video as well. Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a chance to snap some pictures of my KR Multicase trays today.

As I was saying before I've got 15 ships so I picked up the Standard Card Case and filled it with 2 sets of Star Wars Set A. This will leave me with enough space for the small Wave 2 ships.

Rebels on the left, Imperials on the right. Cards fit nicely even with premium sleeves. There's actually room in the trays below for the dice and some of the tokens but I'll move them when I need to make room for more cards from Wave 2.

There's a good amount of extra room here. I'll probably end up cutting some extra spaces for additional dials and such for Wave 2.

There's enough room to fit all the ships on their stands. I still take the Y-Wings and Ties off their bases though. They were a little tight dropping into the slots so this works better. As long as I don't have to pull the risers off at the top I'm happy.

Close up of the Y-Wings in the case.

Close up of the Ties in the case.

Anyway, it's a great case overall. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moep Blablub
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your pics!
I already had an eye on this case. Looking forward to buy one next month.
I will also stick to two A-sets and the card case and will purchase an additional smaller one when the Falcon and Slave inlay is ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the aluminum box is only 6 EU more than the cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moep Blablub
msg tools
mbmbmb
Got my card case yesterday and it fits my collection nicely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
I just bought a KR Multicase set last week. I bought 2 sets of "A" in the standard cardboard box. Currently I own 2 core sets, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 Tie, and 3 Adv-Tie sets. With 15 total ships I've got enough room left for the small Wave 2 ships. Everything was around $50 shipped.

I was really impressed with their foam kits. I love not having to take the ships of the stands (the X-wings always made me nervous removing the top pegs). I've managed to fit all the ships, cards and tokens into separate sides of the case (one for each faction). I've also sleeved all my cards with FFG sleeves and everything fits quite nicely.

Overall I highly recommend KR and I'm looking forward to their Wave 2 kits so I can buy a nice hard case

Where did you buy them from? Thanks for the pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got them straight from http://www.krmulticase.com/

Their prices include shipping and they're pretty reasonable if you pick a case and have it pre-loaded with foam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.