Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh C
United States
Sherwood
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can you use allies to help other investigators? Example: I have an ally that can turn Peril to Lore. My fellow investigator rolls 2 peril, he needs two lore, can I my ally to change those dice for him?

2. When the Allie says "Place one Sanity token on this card to..." Does that sanity token come from my character or is it just a marker from the pool?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
certainj wrote:
1. Can you use allies to help other investigators? Example: I have an ally that can turn Peril to Lore. My fellow investigator rolls 2 peril, he needs two lore, can I my ally to change those dice for him?

2. When the Allie says "Place one Sanity token on this card to..." Does that sanity token come from my character or is it just a marker from the pool?

1. and 2.:
Edit: oops, I didn't understand that YOU wanted to use it for SOMEONE ELSE. No, that's not allowed.
This ally is Richard Upton Pickman. You can use the ability whenever you like, but only up to four times. The sanity tokens are just just counters: use any token you want to mark him with (doom tokens work better for me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. "A player may use only his items, clues, spells, and
allies during his own turn; he cannot use them
during another player’s turn." (Page 13 of revised rules.)

2. I think it just comes from the "bank," but I can't verify that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Unless a card specifically states it can be used on anyone (like Heal, for example) then it can only be used on yourself.
2. It comes from the bank. I really think the cards shouldn't have speficied any token types, they should just have said "a token". (or better yet- the game could have came with special tokens just for this purpose, called "skill tokens".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
"A player may use only his items, clues, spells, and
allies during his own turn; he cannot use them
during another player’s turn." (Page 13 of revised rules.)

This is actually a change from the first version of the rules, where it said (page 9) "A player may spend 1 or more Common Items, Unique Items, or Spells before any roll while his Investigator marker is on an Adventure card." I had interpreted that to mean that you could use items and spells during another player's turn and to the benefit of that player's investigator as long as your investigator token was on that card. That combined with the Assisting rule to make it very advantageous to "team up" on adventure cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.