7 Posts

Star Trek: Fleet Captains» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crippling strike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canadian girl Canadian girl
msg tools
This card say inflect 2 damage and my partner inflict 3
Should he not get this mission because other cards says inflectATLESS 2 damage or 1 ....

This one is specific inflict 2 damage

What do you guys thinks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the intent of the mission is to cripple a ship, not destroy it. Since it doesn't say "at least" 2 damage, I don't believe he fulfills the mission requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chris is correct. You have to do 2 and only 2. And, doing 2 while someone is in Red damage status does not qualify, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bragagnini
Italy
flag msg tools
I have another question about this card and two possible situations.

Situation A) I inflict a damage to an opposite ship during my turn. Right after, during opposite player turn, I inflict a second damage in a evasive or breakaway situation. Is the mission accomplished?

Situation B) During opposite player turn I inflict a damage in a evasive or breakaway situation. Right after, during my turn, I inflict a second damage. Is the mission accomplished?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andybraga wrote:
I have another question about this card and two possible situations.

Situation A) I inflict a damage to an opposite ship during my turn. Right after, during opposite player turn, I inflict a second damage in a evasive or breakaway situation. Is the mission accomplished?

Situation B) During opposite player turn I inflict a damage in a evasive or breakaway situation. Right after, during my turn, I inflict a second damage. Is the mission accomplished?

Thanks

Judging from the wording of the post right above yours, I would say that the intent is to grant the Mission if you inflict 2 damage all at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bragagnini
Italy
flag msg tools
Does this mean that I need to inflict two damages during a single combat action?

Or can I inflict one damage with a combat action and a second damage with a second combat action (attacking with a second ship), provided that they occur during the same turn?

I think that the second interpretation is correct since the card explicitly mention "turn" (not "combat action").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it says "turn" then that would be the correct interpretation.

(This is why if you look at the various rules questions, you will find a lot of people either directly quoting the cards, or other people asking for direct quotes. It makes it easier to help!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.