Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if we could get the 2nd amendment modified so that it only applied to women? Men by far commit more violent crime. The women would still be able to defend the home. If men are worried about being out late at night, then they can get a woman to defend them.

I think rapes and domestic violence would go down if men had to worry about women and concealed carry.

The government could do a buy back program and then give the guns to women that don't have any. NOW could partner with the NRA and provide free training.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you trying to get the GOP behind sex changes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the woman who lives upstairs has a gun. The hetero couple next door, a teacher and a videographer, each have guns, the lesbian partners (both former beauty contest women) across the street have 3 guns between them. My ex-lover (1994 - 2000) an educated, financially comfortable psychotherapist and my platonic cultural companion since 2000 has a small collection that includes a high end 1911, a Glock, 2 Sig Sauers and an AR-15 and more. We all live in a part of town that has the lowest rate of violent crime in the city of Louisville. I'm not claiming a correlation though.

My daughter-in-law, a psychiatric crisis counselor for a regional hospital in Indiana, has her own pink gripped pistol.

Almost every woman who is near to me in distance and in my heart is armed already. So I agree, give them guns. Make it mandatory for women to own guns. Just don't take mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to get a constitutional amendment passed, go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Just don't take mine.

I have a hunch, that's all he wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

I think it would be possible, women outnumber men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
scribidinus wrote:
Just don't take mine.

I have a hunch, that's all he wants.

Your hunch isn't worth much, it's about the violence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's about your desire to control others. Violence will remain, with or without firearms. You will have to commit to violence in order to disarm others in fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to control anyone, I want to reduce violence, but also keep some of those things that the Guns people want such as home defense.

If a new amendment was passed why would violence be needed to disarm anyone? We've been told time and time again that these gun owners are law abiding citizens. Are they not? Will they only obey the laws that they like???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case, passing a law would be both controlling people and threatening them with violence if they don't comply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't answer the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/338418/why-young-wome...

Why Young Women Want AR-15s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you just have to try to force people to comply with your idea and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so you are just going to dodge. Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
I wonder if we could get the 2nd amendment modified so that it only applied to women? Men by far commit more violent crime. The women would still be able to defend the home. If men are worried about being out late at night, then they can get a woman to defend them.

Why do you hate gay male couples?

Why do you assume the protector has to be in a coupling relationship? That's very odd. Why do you think women hate gay males? That's doubly odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:

They should all have one. Only two known school shooters have been women, only one would be classed as a mass killer.

Of the 62 mass shooters since 1982, only one was a woman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
dandechino wrote:

I think it would be possible, women outnumber men.

Not in state legislatures, which is what you need to ratify an amendment. There they're drastically underrepresented compared to the population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
To be honest though, if you truly want 'tyranny of the majority' type rule, then you're going to have some problems when it comes to enforcing it in this instance: The state rules by a monopoly of force. Those exerting the force are overwhelmingly male. They would probably not be very happy about this and refuse to enforce it.

I'm just trying to take some of the NRA's arguments about gun control, the real perpetrators of gun violence (or most violence really somewhere around 10 to 1) and figure out a way to keep guns in society to provide protections from criminals who won't follow the laws, as well as reducing all that other violence.

It's not like Guns are some kind of holy relic. They are a tool. The Constitution and the Amendments to it are not Holy. It's a document. It's been changed, added to, modified, revised, etc many times over the years. The people that make out the Guns to be some kind of Holy Tyranny Fighting Super Power are a little off...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Why do you assume the protector has to be in a coupling relationship? That's very odd. Why do you think women hate gay males? That's doubly odd.

I'm sure a woman who isn't in a committed relationship would be ecstatic to come over and defend the gay couple and their home. What an idiotic OP, even for you.

Why, do you know them all? They could be doing a friend a favor, or it could be a great ne job opportunity. Free Market!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're ever neighbors and you're under attack, I promise to not use my violent machines to help. Out of respect for your principles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Euroncrowseye wrote:
To be honest though, if you truly want 'tyranny of the majority' type rule, then you're going to have some problems when it comes to enforcing it in this instance: The state rules by a monopoly of force. Those exerting the force are overwhelmingly male. They would probably not be very happy about this and refuse to enforce it.

I'm just trying to take some of the NRA's arguments about gun control, the real perpetrators of gun violence (or most violence really somewhere around 10 to 1) and figure out a way to keep guns in society to provide protections from criminals who won't follow the laws, as well as reducing all that other violence.

It's not like Guns are some kind of holy relic. They are a tool. The Constitution and the Amendments to it are not Holy. It's a document. It's been changed, added to, modified, revised, etc many times over the years. The people that make out the Guns to be some kind of Holy Tyranny Fighting Super Power are a little off...

Isn't this where your logic breaks down? "The NRA are the real perpetrators of gun vilence... (Guns) are a tool."

The NRA lobbies for people to maintain their Constitutionally recognized right to own those types of tools. In your view, this is perpetrating violence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Isn't this where your logic breaks down? "The NRA are the real perpetrators of gun vilence... (Guns) are a tool."

The NRA lobbies for people to maintain their Constitutionally recognized right to own those types of tools. In your view, this is perpetrating violence.

You changed what I said there. Read it again. I didn't say that the NRA are perpetrators of gun violence. That's something you just made up.

The violence perpertrators are men who commit more acts of violence than women at 10 to 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't mean to put words in your mouth. The comma splice had me there. Apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have issues with run-ons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
idiotic

Only if we are guaranteed the Right to murder 6 years olds, that is what I am saying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.