Hide
5 Posts

Pocket Battles: Macedonians vs. Persians» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stacking traits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Xanthippus
msg tools
I am a fairly experienced Pocket Battles player but Macedonians vs. Persians has raised some big questions about traits and, poking around the forums, I haven't been able to find precise answers.

1) Do +x Engagement or +x Shooting stack? This would make a big difference with units comprised of only Persian Immortals or Persian Archers. (Would a unit of three Persian archers roll two dice or four dice when shooting?)

2)The first question raises another: Does +x Wounds stack? (This would be more likely to be an issue with Orcs. Would a unit with two Gnolls that inflicted one dice based hit inflict two or three hits total?)

3)With the Tough trait who chooses the dice to be re-rolled? You or your opponent? This could make the difference between a single wound or an entire unit being destroyed.

My guesses are 1)Yes, 2)No and 3)opponent but I want to be sure.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Xanthippus wrote:
1) Do +x Engagement or +x Shooting stack? This would make a big difference with units comprised of only Persian Immortals or Persian Archers. (Would a unit of three Persian archers roll two dice or four dice when shooting?)

I play that way.

Quote:
3)With the Tough trait who chooses the dice to be re-rolled? You or your opponent? This could make the difference between a single wound or an entire unit being destroyed.

If your opponent chooses the dice then the trait would be pretty useless so I play that you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Trimby
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re your first question, they do stack. Paolo the designer has stated so here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Xanthippus
msg tools
Thanks Yorkist4.

Anybody have an idea about +x Wounds? Paolo doesn't mention it in his post but it would make sense if it stacked the same as +x Engagement or +x Shooting except the rules for it state the unit score "AN additional wound" not "...it scores X additional wounds" Is this just a mistake with wording?

Concerning Tough, both the rules and Paolo's statement at http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8442256#8442256 both give no indication as to who chooses the successful dice to be re-rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
Always look on the... *sigh* ... bright side of life !
mbmbmbmbmb
Xanthippus wrote:
Thanks Yorkist4.

Anybody have an idea about +x Wounds? Paolo doesn't mention it in his post but it would make sense if it stacked the same as +x Engagement or +x Shooting except the rules for it state the unit score "AN additional wound" not "...it scores X additional wounds" Is this just a mistake with wording?

Concerning Tough, both the rules and Paolo's statement at http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8442256#8442256 both give no indication as to who chooses the successful dice to be re-rolled.

As the rule states that "you can force the opponent Unit to roll again", I would be inclined to think you as a defender chooses which die is rerolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.