United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
I would probably do something as long as it wasn't hurting anyone else. Like steal a Ferrari and go on a 200 MPH joy ride. I know technically it would be stealing somebody else's car, but there is no physical harm to another person. Or something like that.

1) Since everything is legal, you'd probably be killed by the Ferrari dealership owner or one of his hired guns.

2) Speeding is Attempted Negligent Homicide. There is plenty of physical harm to inserting a Ferrari into the back of a minivan on the interstate.

It really is a ridiculous premise for a movie/story/book. All houses and businesses would become mini-fortresses that would lock down during these periods. Inflation would skyrocket as businesses have to raise prices to afford all the extra security. The poor areas of the cities would descend into burned out war zones surrounded by high-security gated communities.

In other words, a libertarian paradise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd declare myself leader of all and immediately take command of the armed forces, stop this silly 12 hour thing, then rule as a benevolent dictator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I'd sandbag my roof, load the AR's, smoke a doobie, shuffle some AC/DC on the ipod, and prepare for a night of repelling borders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

It really is a ridiculous premise for a movie/story/book.

Any more so or less than Escape from New York...

Snake Pliskin? I heard you was dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

The abandonment of Manhattan is a ridiculous premise, but throwing a bunch of criminals on an island isn't ahistorical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
How can they directly copy the plot hook from an original Star Trek series and not give credit for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

The abandonment of Manhattan is a ridiculous premise, but throwing a bunch of criminals on an island isn't ahistorical.

True, but life in the Manifest Destiny of America was 24/7 protect your own from criminal activity, or pay someone to do it for you.

I saw Deadwood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
I'd sandbag my roof, load the AR's, smoke a doobie, shuffle some AC/DC on the ipod, and prepare for a night of repelling borders.

I'm going to hang out with Chapel.

I've got some good 2 player games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I'm going to hang out with Chapel.

That's exactly what someone would say who is trying to infiltrate Chapel's bunker and steal his games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

That's exactly what someone would say who is trying to infiltrate Chapel's bunker and steal his games.

well....err. Hey wait a minute!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
RoverGuy wrote:
BTW - I bet this movie is not a box office hit.

I bet this movie was pitched while everyone in the room was high.

As opposed to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Definitely less so than Escape from L.A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Snake Pliskin was the guy from Metal Gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just Solid Snake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
Okay up front, the premise of this movie is about as stupid as I have seen:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2184339/

Quote:
Given the country's overcrowded prisons, the U.S. government begins to allow 12-hour periods of time in which all illegal activity is legal. During one of these free-for-alls, a family must protect themselves from a home invasion.

It stars Lena Headey and Ethan Hawke.

BUT - If something like this did happen, would you take part? Or just hunker down and defend yourself? Is there anything illegal that you would do if it suddenly became legal?

I would probably do something as long as it wasn't hurting anyone else. Like steal a Ferrari and go on a 200 MPH joy ride. I know technically it would be stealing somebody else's car, but there is no physical harm to another person. Or something like that.

Odd... really thought the sentence would read:
Given the country's overcrowded prisons, the U.S. government begins to allow 12-hour periods of time in which the prisoners are allowed to kill each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
RoverGuy wrote:

Quote:
Given the country's overcrowded prisons, the U.S. government begins to allow 12-hour periods of time in which all illegal activity is legal. During one of these free-for-alls, a family must protect themselves from a home invasion.

BUT - If something like this did happen, would you take part? Or just hunker down and defend yourself? Is there anything illegal that you would do if it suddenly became legal?

Given the country's overcrowded prisons, the U.S. government begins to allow 12-hour periods of time in which the prisoners are allowed to kill each other.

Way better movie.

I would watch that. Can we put The Rock in it? And maybe Ian McShane or Sam Elliot as a grizzled old lifer, advising the newbie on how to stay alive until he's killed at the end of act 2 by the main villain, leaving our hero holding his bloody body in his arms and swearing revenge in the next free-for-all period?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea... sort of a "hunger games" in prison.

And that ending would nail it-- JUST about to get revenge and stunned by the guards because time was up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Yea... sort of a "hunger games" in prison.

And that ending would nail it-- JUST about to get revenge and stunned by the guards because time was up.

Thereby setting up a sequel. Who wants to write this with me? We'll get some wealthy benefactor like DdJ or Drew to fund it, and we'll all be superstars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely speed. Our interstates are mostly set up to allow much higher speeds safely than currently posted.

Of course, I did a lot of that without the amnesty.....

I can't say that illegality has really stopped me from doing much that I'd want to do anyway. I might have punched a few more people through the years, but not much else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
RoverGuy wrote:

Quote:

Way better movie.

I would watch that. Can we put The Rock in it? And maybe Ian McShane or Sam Elliot as a grizzled old lifer, advising the newbie on how to stay alive until he's killed at the end of act 2 by the main villain, leaving our hero holding his bloody body in his arms and swearing revenge in the next free-for-all period?

Sounds like you watched Road House recently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
RoverGuy wrote:

Quote:

Way better movie.

Sadly, never seen Road House.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

If I'm going to help write it, I want a bit part on screen.

You might be perfect for the shower scene, do you have any screen tests of you picking up soap that we can use as part of your audition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

You might be perfect for the shower scene, do you have any screen tests of you picking up soap that we can use as part of your audition?

You want black & white or color? Low angle, close up, multi-cut edit, with sound, without sound, with another actor, with several other actors...you need to be more specific, there's a lot to choose from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
SpaceGhost wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
RoverGuy wrote:

Quote:

Way better movie.

Sadly, never seen Road House.

You should rectify that. You basically described he Swayze-Elliott relationship arc perfectly.

Also throw in Black Dog to get the full Swayze experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

You want black & white or color? Low angle, close up, multi-cut edit, with sound, without sound, with another actor, with several other actors...you need to be more specific, there's a lot to choose from.

And what's amazing is you were able to get all those different shots and clips from the bushes outside BJ's house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.