Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If a Rumour headline is drawn during setup, why should another Mythos card be drawn until not a Rumour? What's wrong with having a Rumour from the get-go?
2. Why are the Mythos cards illustrated in the way they are? By that I mean the order - bottom left for the gate, middle for the clue, bottom right for monster movement, top for the headline etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
banzai123 wrote:
1. If a Rumour headline is drawn during setup, why should another Mythos card be drawn until not a Rumour? What's wrong with having a Rumour from the get-go?

To give you a chance, I guess. I don't even know if I follow that rule anymore.

Quote:
2. Why are the Mythos cards illustrated in the way they are? By that I mean the order - bottom left for the gate, middle for the clue, bottom right for monster movement, top for the headline etc.?

Another question we will never know. I assume it was a layout issue that just made it easier to do this way. maybe resolution changed at some point. At least it all flows in one direction instead of jumping around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, there are no pointless questions...just ones that eventually end-up in a FAQ.

Second, as to your questions:

The Rumor ruling is one that people play many different ways, despite the rule-book.

As to the Mythos Card design...only the GOOs know for sure. I'm certain they could have come-up with a much clearer design, but it is pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always figured the Mythos cards have the backwards layout so the headline appears at the top, even though the stuff at the bottom happens first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Burns
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I think its to give you a chance, get into the game instead of being blasted with a rumor on turn 1. I'm guessing in a test play people who drew rumors turn 1 bitched and moaned, so they said eh, draw again.

2. Its a sanity thing. To someone who has read the Necromonican, it looks perfectly normal. When it looks right to you, lose 1 sanity. googoogoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvils Feldmanis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenTheRat wrote:
To someone who has read the Necromonican, it looks perfectly normal. When it looks right to you, lose 1 sanity.

That's it! There goes my last sanity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the Ancient Ones write in the Hanunó'o script of the indigenous people of the Philippine island of Mindoro, which is written from bottom to top?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Embery wrote:

That's it! There goes my last sanity!

Haha,LOL.. Priceless :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.