Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand what this 'expansion' is. I know what I am getting. My question is thus, if I were able to sell my 1E along with first 2 expansions for a good price, $200, is it worth NOT selling these off to better my experience for 2E?

Basically I am asking, is adding all of the heroes and monsters worth $180-$200?

I am not hurting for money per-say, but who wouldn't want 180-200 for other board game purchases?

Lastly, is there any way to use the quests from 1E for 2E? What about the future plans for 2E? I never got to play the quests from Altar of Despair, will I be able to with 2E rules?

Thanks any/everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quests are not cross compatible. I'm keeping my 1e as I enjoy playing it and it is so different from 2e. I enjoy both games for different reasons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on how much you end up liking 2e. If you like it, then you will almost certainly want the Conversion Kit. If you have the Conversion Kit, your desire for the official figures vs. proxies is only something you can decide. The game is perfectly playable with the Conversion Kit but without the official figures. That said, I personally would keep them, because it causes less confusion to not have to use proxies.

There is no official way to use 1e quests in 2e. The game systems are just too different. Fans have been toying with the idea of converting the 1e quests to 2e, but I think one of the biggest snags in that is in map size. Also, a lot of the mechanics need tweaking, and there's no telling if it will even end up being any good.

As far as future plans for 2e, I think we can probably expect a healthy number of official expansions from FFG over the next couple of years, at the very least, and if you are really hurting for more content, FFG recently released its custom quest creator, where you can view and download fan-made 2e quests for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
OnlyHuman wrote:

I understand what this 'expansion' is. I know what I am getting. My question is thus, if I were able to sell my 1E along with first 2 expansions for a good price, $200, is it worth NOT selling these off to better my experience for 2E?

This is the kind of question that only you can really answer. If you're estimating the value you can get out of selling 1E at $200 and you still aren't sure, though, I'd say that's a pretty big hint that you should keep them. =P

OnlyHuman wrote:

Lastly, is there any way to use the quests from 1E for 2E? What about the future plans for 2E? I never got to play the quests from Altar of Despair, will I be able to with 2E rules?

You can't play 1E quests at all in 2E. At least, not without some pretty heavy house rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I suppose I am going to wait to play one quest from 2e first. As it is being held up for some time with a Rialto & Terra Mystica order, I have lots of time to think about it.

Man, that order is going to be AWESOME :).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OnlyHuman wrote:

Basically I am asking, is adding all of the heroes and monsters worth $180-$200?

I am not hurting for money per-say, but who wouldn't want 180-200 for other board game purchases?

Thanks any/everyone!

The definition of the marketplace means that if your goods are going for about $200, some people believe it is worth selling and some do not. Same thin for buying. It is an individual decision and many factors play into it.

I never had 1e and I am now looking to buy the figures, but I wouldn't pay $150 for themm....so there you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
OnlyHuman wrote:

This is the kind of question that only you can really answer. If you're estimating the value you can get out of selling 1E at $200 and you still aren't sure, though, I'd say that's a pretty big hint that you should keep them. =P

The better question is whether you would spend $200 to acquire what you have if you currently didn't own it.

Loss aversion taints our perception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.