Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we can all agree the first page of the rulebook needs work. surprise

So I went through and wrote in what each of the icons are for easier reference. I'd suggest doing the same...here's how my rule book looks now:

Yeah, I realize the above image is too probably too small to read- my fault, but you get the idea. One thing I've noticed too is that the red car (O) is just that. It's never mentioned again in the rule book until the last page when it changes to a 'stolen vehicle'. So I marked it as such. Also the event deck (H) is listed as both emergency deck AND event deck. I've decided to hereby refer to it as the EVENT DECK and call it good. I also remember something similar with the POLICE CARD DECK in an earlier thread.....? Can you help with this Cindy/Karl?

Hope this tip helps if you haven't done it yourself already. Still lovin' Police Precinct despite these issues. I'm more than likely going to do a complete overhaul of the rule book to match the back page explanations-- showing the icon then explaining what it does....and or taking pics of the board with my phone and of various in-game examples and uploading a PDF here. We'll see.

Here's a example page from my Scooby-Doo variant to Betrayal at House on the Hill to give you an idea of what the revised Police Precinct rule book should look like:

And (shameless plug) if anyone's interested in my Scooby Doo game, shoot me a PM and I'll happily email it to you. Just make sure you have a copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill to use though! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I'll take a look for the red/stolen car. Also, I have condensed the set-up to a single page, just waiting for Karl to take a look at it before I try and upload it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Cindy. I'm sure what you have is excellent. You may have saved me a step! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here:
(In reference to the compass mixup)
Hahma wrote:

The compass is wrong, so CMG said to just look at the North on it and use it as if it were right. Though I think there's a card that says to put a red car on East Colfax just outside the Morgue as a stolen car heading West. But that would actually be West Colfax end of the street. So I would just put it outside of the morgue and have it move east instead of west.

And here:
Uniform13 wrote:
Hello..this game is hitting the table this coming Sunday and im currently getting Hot Wheels and minis to further the immersion/theme. Im also trying to make it mid to late 80's San Diego..and we will have a box of Krispy Kremes out..lol. From Vasels review I am also getting a red car for the stolen card and I need more tips like this. Thanks in advance to this awesome community...im new. Robert.cool

And here: is a thread on the Red (getaway) car:

Myszak wrote:
Are there any details about the red car?

Answered by Ole himself:
steiness wrote:
It is used for a special Event Card:

Players are to intercept and stop the car (play a Player Card) before it leaves the board. It moves one street each round, with only four streets in total, before it leaves the board (precinct).

Cheers,
Ole Steiness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That clears things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
Awesome! I'll take a look for the red/stolen car. Also, I have condensed the set-up to a single page, just waiting for Karl to take a look at it before I try and upload it.

Hey Cindy!

We are trying to get to that ASAP.

Sorry it's taking a while.

Thanks for all you do!!!!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:

the event deck (H) is listed as both emergency deck AND event deck. I've decided to hereby refer to it as the EVENT DECK and call it good.

Jeff, Sorry if we called it An Emergency Deck at any point.

you are correct to call it An Event Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't understand including both of those types together in one deck but after playing a few turns it made sense. Just wanted to clear up any confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jeff
If you upload that image to your gallery here on BGG, we should be able to see it in "original" size when we click through to it - and get a lot more detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try it....right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:

Declined submission. D'oh! Too similar, too small, bad crop- yadda, yadda, yadda.

Long story short folks- open your manual to page two and write down what each letter represents found in the massive lump of text on the previous page. You'll be glad you did before your first game........and happy to see it when you have to play a second time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

And (shameless plug) if anyone's interested in my Scooby Doo game, shoot me a PM and I'll happily email it to you. Just make sure you have a copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill to use though! laugh

Just to show how much I like to pimp ALL my games- even custom ones I've made, here's the Scooby variant to BAHOTH with pawns from a build a figure set I found on ebay along with the super hero squad-ish scooby doo figure two packs for the monster.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program, POLICE PRECINCT!
Previously on Police Precinct....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
jbwc wrote:

Declined submission. D'oh! Too similar, too small, bad crop- yadda, yadda, yadda.

Long story short folks- open your manual to page two and write down what each letter represents found in the massive lump of text on the previous page. You'll be glad you did before your first game........and happy to see it when you have to play a second time.

Go to your PERSONAL GALLERY and upload it there - no moderating required,instant upload!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
jbwc wrote:
jbwc wrote:

Go to your PERSONAL GALLERY and upload it there - no moderating required,instant upload!

Or just use the 'Upload New Geek Image' button (icon looks like a camera with an arrow pointing upwards), when you post here; it should do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff for working so hard on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But... but... your callous penmanship has destroyed the resale value!!

Heresy, I tells ya. Pure and utter heresy.

- Signed,

The Collectin' & Tradin' Society

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha Ha

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoonsGhost wrote:
But... but... your callous penmanship has destroyed the resale value!!

Heresy, I tells ya. Pure and utter heresy.

- Signed,

The Collectin' & Tradin' Society

Trade my copy of police precinct?!?
That's heresy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.