Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to be getting longer and longer between projects now, but I am pretty sure that is due to my current life situation. Some travel, work, tackling issues on the home-front, staying active... Funny how time dries up so quickly. Having said that, this crafting update will be appropriately brief. Taking a page from

Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

and his Postmortem On the Hilinski Method of Making Crokinole Boards, I set out and completed my own Crokinole board. I won't go into much detail, as Steve's post is already wonderful at that, but if there are any questions I would be happy to respond. This was my first project using water based wood dye, so my pick of materials was of a slightly lower standard this go around just in case I had to hit the "reset" button.

There are a couple of visible, but shallow, knots and slight imperfections in the wood itself. The play deck was unaffected by these undesirables as I applied copious amounts of polyurethane to planarize the surface. With a bit of loving, carnuba wax, and elbow grease, the action is just fine. And, of course, everyone I have introduced to the game is completely enthralled with it. And with that, I conclude with a moment of reflection...

(There's a tree in the distance)
Thanks for stopping by!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on a great looking board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.