Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After spending some time scouring the usual online stores for a copy of the base game, I decided to email Rio Grande Games to find out when the reprint that was shown on their website was going to happen:

My message:
Quote:
It seems almost impossible to get hold of Race for the Galaxy in the United Kingdom. Is there any update on when the "reprint" that is mentioned on the game page on this website, will start to reach European distributors?

Thanks for your help,
Damien

And their polite and fast reply:
Quote:
The game has been reprinted and will be shipped to distributors next week. Thanks

Jay

Just thought I should share the good news for anyone looking for a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is currently on sale for $18 at tanga: https://www.tanga.com/deals/bdace0cdd2/race-for-the-galaxy-t...

Dont know if they ship internationally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
It is currently on sale for $18 at tanga: https://www.tanga.com/deals/bdace0cdd2/race-for-the-galaxy-t...

Dont know if they ship internationally.

Cheers for the idea, but sadly from their FAQ

Quote:
Where does Tanga ship to?

Tanga Nate
posted this on December 09, 2010 01:09 pm

We only ship our products within the continental United States. The exception to this rule are magazines and t-shirts where we ship in all 50 states. We do not ship outside the country unfortunately for our amigos down south and even our 朋友 way out east.

I did just try to order, in case their process had been updated within the last 2 years, but outside US isn't an available option on the shipping interface.

Your recommendation however is clearly a great one for US based BGGers, so I've popped it in the main Hot deals forum, with credit assigned to you

**edit to add hot deal mention**

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moskop
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the reprint change the current game? I ask because this game has ben on my radar for some time, but I don't want to jump on the Tanga deal if the game and the rules are gonna change in only a couple weeks. I would rather just save my money and buy the newer game if that is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Comicbookhero wrote:
Does the reprint change the current game? I ask because this game has ben on my radar for some time, but I don't want to jump on the Tanga deal if the game and the rules are gonna change in only a couple weeks. I would rather just save my money and buy the newer game if that is the case.

AFAIK base RFTG reprints have changed absolutely nothing with the actual game. At most some rulebook typos fixed kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
entranced wrote:
Comicbookhero wrote:
Does the reprint change the current game?
At most some rulebook typos fixed kind of thing.

Correct. The very first printing (2007) came with both German and English rules and reference cards. All later English print runs dropped the German items, while the English rules got a few minor rules clarifications.

There has been no changes since the first 2008 English printing and no changes are currently anticipated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.