Hide
5 Posts

Level 7 [Escape]» Forums » General

Subject: Warping game tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Pepin
msg tools
I've owned this game for about a month now, and I've noticed a significant amount of warping in the room tiles. I'm curious if others are experiencing a similar problem?

I had a similar problem with the tiles that came with Wizards of the Coast's House on Haunted Hill (another great game), and after writing to their support team, they had not only fixed the production problem, but shipped me a new set of the corrected tile punch outs for free.

I've written to Privateer Press to see if they will do something similar, and again am curious about others' customer support experiences regarding the game pieces.

Thanks,
Keith

P.S. I should point out that my games and components are all stored in an area covered by a dehumidifier. This doesn't appear to be a humidity problem causing the warping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine have been fine. I haven't pulled them out of the box in a few months, but I'll check tonight.

We do have a dehumidifier in the house that tends to keep the air a little drier, especially in the winter here, so that may be a factor, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Jessup
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
HMS St Lawrence
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine have some minor warping as well, but a lot of my game boards/tiles in other games tend to have some warping issues as well. I believe it is based on the humidity (or lack thereof?) in my house, particularly the basement where my games are.

Again though, I would call the warping minor in my case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pepin
msg tools
For anyone else with this problem, I contacted Privateer Press, and they are sending me a replacement set of tiles. Not sure if they will switch the printer that manufactures these for them unless a lot of other folks contact them with the same problem though. Hopefully my next set won't warp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My large start tile has some warping. Good to know PP is replacing bad tiles. I'll have to contact them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.