Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noel
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard somewhere that leaders can be placed only next to red tiles with treasures on them, but I can't find anything in my (English) copy of the rules that says this. Is this true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Leaders need to be placed next to at least one red tile. It is not important if this tile has a treasure on it or not.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not necessary to place leaders next to reds with treasures on them; however, it is sometimes advantageous to do so. A red with a treasure on it may not be hit with a catastrophe, so a leader supported by one of these tiles is somewhat safer than one supported by a treasureless red tile.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
The only tiles on the board at the start of the game are red tiles with treasures on them, so perhaps that's why this idea has stuck with you. As others have pointed out, leaders must be adjacent to at least one red tile, whether it holds a treasure or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.