Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being that kickstarter is the new craze for funding potential games, is it possible to create a special section for post requesting funding and for comments regarding kickstarter stuff.

I think for one it would be easier to find kickstarter threads and, two it doesn't clog up the Forums board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, it would be nice to have an option for "Kickstarted" in the status section of our collection information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
Being that kickstarter is the new craze for funding potential games, is it possible to create a special section for post requesting funding and for comments regarding kickstarter stuff.

I think for one it would be easier to find kickstarter threads and, two it doesn't clog up the Forums board.

Kickstarter family forum
Kickstarter Games guild forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
Additionally, it would be nice to have an option for "Kickstarted" in the status section of our collection information.

In the past when I was supporting Kickstarter projects, I just marked them as "Preordered" in my collection with a note in the Private data section stating Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
jjloc wrote:

Kickstarter family forum

I appreciate these links. I have looked all over and couldn't find a forum for Kickstarter, could you please tell me the route you take to get to this kickstarter page.

I think it needs to be a bit easier to find, and being on the front page of BGG wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Officially, all mentions of CURRENT kickstarter projects on these forums is considered advertisement by the administration and is heavily regulated.

If you are interested in hearing about NEW kickstarter projects, feel free to subscribe to this thread: Crowdfunding Announcements thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc). In addition, subscribing to this geeklist is often helpful: Boardgame Kickstarter Projects

If you would like to get into detailed discussions about any current projects or issues related to kickstarter, please subscribe to the kickstarter family forums here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/915012/kickstarter/genera...

I suggest subscribing to that family forum and placing it in your quickbar (top right of the screen, click one of the little + icons) because it can be hard to find by navigating around the site and doesn't show up on any search function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
thedacker wrote:

In the past when I was supporting Kickstarter projects, I just marked them as "Preordered" in my collection with a note in the Private data section stating Kickstarter.

Me too. I don't want to do that anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
jjloc wrote:

Kickstarter family forum

I appreciate these links. I have looked all over and couldn't find a forum for Kickstarter, could you please tell me the route you take to get to this kickstarter page.

I think it needs to be a bit easier to find, and being on the front page of BGG wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Browse - Families - Kickstarter (on page 10) - Forums

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn that's a pain in the ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave T
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
Damn that's a pain in the ass.

Yes it is. I have had success following the KS forum by using its RSS feed. Although many threads don't start there, so you need to drop by every now and then if you want to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.