Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: [POLL] What faction is your favorite to play?
What faction is your favorite to play?
What faction is your favorite to play?
Alchemists
Auren
Chaos Magicians
Cultists
Darklings
Dwarves
Engineers
Fakirs
Giants
Halflings
Mermaids
Nomads
Swarmlings
Witches
      127 answers
Poll created by Nap16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See Playing favorites . . . for more/similar polls . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Chaos Magicians are fun because of their sheer flexibility. They really do have the ability to react to almost any sort of initial board state and can easily do well in most situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I like the alchemists because the one time influx of power can give a lot of flexibility and because I really enjoyed working out ways to best manage money when playing them.

Only one I think I have been less crazy about is the darklings because of the single minded maniacal focus on getting priests. Not a lot of options there, although it's not like all the decisions are obvious either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far my favourite's been the Alchemists. I love the flexibility they have, both with the power influx on stronghold and the ability to turn VPs into coins. Can't say I'm doing too well with them in the PBF; however, I blame my tough competition.

I have seen the Dwarves being played and have to admit they look really strong. Since I haven't played many of the factions my opinion is easily subject to change...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nap16 wrote:
See Playing favorites . . . for more/similar polls . . .

Or look here for very similiar polls ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Chaos Magicians are fun because of their sheer flexibility. They really do have the ability to react to almost any sort of initial board state and can easily do well in most situations.

It doesn't hurt that they get 2 favor tiles every time they build a temple or sanctuary; the dominance of the cult tracks this creates alone makes them great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
doubtofbuddha wrote:

It doesn't hurt that they get 2 favor tiles every time they build a temple or sanctuary; the dominance of the cult tracks this creates alone makes them great.

That is what makes them great. Every faction has something which makes them great.

But it also is what makes them flexible. A wide variety of different favor tiles which can help propel a player in a wide variety of directions. This allows them to respond to a relatively wide sequencing of scoring tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Indeed. And I am inreasingly convinced that properly identifying which sequencing to take advantage of, assuming you are not well-positioned to do them all, is the key to doing well in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Lockett
United Kingdom
Fishponds, Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't choose - I like too many - they are all so awesomely different

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.