Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo rules from Ascension are pretty straightforward:
Quote:
- Set aside 50 honor tokens
- Lay out the center row as normal, but whenever a card leaves the Center Row, the replacement card always enters on the left-hand side and the remaining cards slide over to the right.
- You take the first turn o the game. At the end of each of your turns, Samael is considered to acquire or defeat the two cards furthest to the right in the Center row.
- All cards acquired by Samael are set aside and only used to determine his Honor total at the end of the game.
- Any monsters defeated go to the Void, and Samael recieves any honor from their reward. All other effects are ignored.
- Continue playing this way until the last Honor token is gone, then compare your score to the Total Honor earned by Samael. If you have more honor, you win!

This was then a springboard for a more randomized way to have the AI play:
SeerMagic wrote:
RULES
60 Honor Tokens
*Each space/card in the center deck is numbered 1-6, left to right.
*At the end of your turn, roll a 6 sided dice.
*The AI takes that card or defeats the monster you rolled (gains the honor from if a monster just like you).
*If that card's cost (runes or power) is 5 or less, roll again. (this effect is not repeated)
*At the end of the game add up the AIs honor points he collected + the honor in the deck of cards he collected.

SIMPLE AS THAT

If you find it to hard or easy, you can adjust the difficulty.
*For an EASY game, only reroll if the cost is a 4 or less.
*For a HARD game, reroll if the cost is 6 or less.
*For NIGHTMARE difficulty, only use 50 honor tokens.

Obviously the timing mechanism of the Honor tokens wouldn't be capable of being used here, but does this seem like it's something that might be easily adapted to DC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanders
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I think the best simplest way to play DCCDBG solo is to set a turn limit to beating all the supervillains ... nothing else is required, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My biggest concern is that it totally devalues Attacks. Apart from that, it seems like it would work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Harper

Bakersfield
California
msg tools
wolfchild wrote:
Personally, I think the best simplest way to play DCCDBG solo is to set a turn limit to beating all the supervillains ... nothing else is required, IMHO.

How many turns do you (or other players) set the solo game at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nanthachack
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Unsorted components are unwelcome.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most common way is to use the Weakness pile as the timer. Flip one over at the start of each turn a card over. Essentially you get 20 turns to defeat all the Super Villains.

It's pretty hard with all 12, and it minimalizes Villains with attacks, so I've made my own changes to certain cards to fit that kind of play style when I do play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Solo rules based on these rules have been already posted and play tested in the variant section.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/895451/solo-variant-first-at...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.