Washington
flag msg tools
mb
In a deck with 3 djinns, 2 mediums, 2 wyldesides, 2 maker's eyes, 2 aesop's

Considerations include:
- can tutor imp, especially with so many djinns
- demo run is click efficient with wyldside
- imp more versatile with remote trash opportunity
- imp more versatile in case you want to save the trash opportunity for later, example, you see an enigma on next draw but youve got a yog out. Happens all the time.
- demo works better with maker's eye
- 3c imp convert with aesops's is HUGE

Right now I run 3 imp, no demo. I just feel that bolth takes up way too much room in a 45 card deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sciencebuster wrote:

Do you mean Imp works better with Maker's Eye? Maker's eye starts a run, and you can't take another action until the run resolves, so you can't stack Maker's Eye and Demolition Run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TKNumber3 wrote:
sciencebuster wrote:

Do you mean Imp works better with Maker's Eye? Maker's eye starts a run, and you can't take another action until the run resolves, so you can't stack Maker's Eye and Demolition Run.

Perhaps he meant Demolition Run works better with Medium, because you can possibly trash a fistful of cards as Medium does not conflict with Demolition Run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imp is a virus. Fills up Archives. Win to Imp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
TKNumber3 wrote:
sciencebuster wrote:

Oops. no shit.

One other consideration is that imp is recyclable. I should add 2/3 Deja vu in the deck conditions. In most games I mill more with imps including their recycle over the course of the game than I would likely with demo runs. Include 3 or 4 virus trashes to archives, and that yields a lot of anarch opportunity.

One demo bomb, even if netting a 6 card trash, is like my previous use of bank runs. Insanely satisfying but less consistent. Tough call. I lean on the imp side but, gosh, would love to win a medium-demo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am all about Imp.

- It lets you trash cards from R&D, HQ, and remotes. Allowing you to be opportunistic in your destruction.
- It makes PAD Campaigns, Adonis Campaigns, SanSan, etc easily trashable
- It is a virus, so it adds to the Noise mill machine and has synergy with Grimoire, Deja Vu, and Djinn
- It is one of the best cards in the world to pair with Aesop's

Overall, I think it is my favorite virus right now.

Demolition run is one of those cards that I like, but I never find room for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I misread this initially as "Imp vs. Test Run".

In a scenario with a clear run (no ice, or cheaply broken ice) on R&D, Test Running an Imp sounds WONDERFUL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TKNumber3 wrote:
sciencebuster wrote:

I would love for there to be some sort of Anarch card (maybe some kind of console?) that allows you, for some sort of additional cost, to play two Run subtype events for the same run. Something like "{click}, 2{credits}: Play two Run events from your hand, paying all costs. Make a run following all restrictions on both cards (if you cannot legally do so, cancel the run and discard both events). You gain the benefits of both cards."

Or would that be too good?

Edit: Stupid HTML tags...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that would be too good. Inside Job is powerful, but if you could combine it with Account Siphon it would be a little too good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chose the wrong brackets and it removed important parts of the cost. Fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.