Popular Tags: [View All]
Myke Fly
Germany
flag msg tools
PACG Playmat System with over 500 playmats
badge
Check out my free Premium PACG Playmats
mbmbmbmbmb
Just won my first lost legions scenario at the daring level and slow game speed...

When will there be the next expansion?

Christmas 2013 would be great ... This time please before and not after Christmas )))

Myfly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes you think there will be a second expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Fly
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is already a video interview of wizkids personnel confirming new Mage knight characters in the new expansion on YouTube...

So what else except the new characters?

))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really! Where did you see this video? I really hope there is more but wasn't sure if there was going to be as Vlaada feels it is a complete game now.

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are two more basic actions in the starting deck to 'customize' for a hero (march & threaten) of course that is room for just one more... no idea what the new challenges/scenarios/mechanic will be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashen von Ragend
Austria
Wien / Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Myfly"]There is already a video interview of wizkids personnel confirming new Mage knight characters in the new expansion on YouTube...
/q]

Can you give us a link? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Fly
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the boardgamegeektv Channel on YouTube....
Search for "lost legion Mage knight Spiel 2012"

You will find it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the current (first) expansion. I don't recall any mention of another one, though. Of course, I hope there is another expansion. I'd love to see more characters and cards and scenarios and map tiles and such. I definitely don't feel like MK needs to be considered "complete," by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Fly
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully not complete yet...

Tailsman has seven expansions ... So please six more for MK )))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually nearly didn't buy the first one because I feel I'm far away from playing anywhere near as much as the base game alone would allow me to without the game getting stale. Mage Knight is one of my favorite games, currently #2 in my top 10, but I don't think I'd buy a second expansion.

Your mention of Talisman only makes things worse in that regard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it mentioned that Wizkids were considering small expansions with just new characters in them. (Might have been in the Spiel 2012 interview.) I don't think every expansion needs to be as big as Lost Legion, drip feeding a few extras every now and then would be good too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Before bringing out the next expansion whey should handle the things already on their list such as

- get the rulebook of the expansion online.
- include the expansion parts to their replacement system so one can get missing/damaged parts.
- give all the first edition owners an answer regarding how about a fix pack because of the different component color issues.

After that they can - for all I care - bring out expansion after expansion (if they don't result in such issues as described above)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually don't want another expansion for this game.

At some point there will be so many rules for units, enemy tokens, new actions, tiles, it will become unwieldly to put the game down and come back to it after a few months.

I fear another expansion will bloat the game and hurt it overall. The only new content I'd like to see is scenarios (particularly solo ones). So I wouldn't complain if a scenario book was released (or online scenarios for free).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
New scenarios would be high on my list too. The Volkare scenarios have really breathed new life into the game for me, certainly the feel of a cooperative Volkare scenario is completely different from a competitive conquest scenario.

While in the abstract I also like the idea of more new monsters, more new characters, more new tiles, more new everything, I think it's important that they do it well to avoid rules overload. The game's rules density is already high, to the point that small overlooked rules and edge cases crop up often, so adding more would just make it worse.

All that being said, I'm only 5 games into the expansion and not quite at 50 plays total, so I think I'm nowhere near 'played out' enough to demand a new expansion Right. Now.

pk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:

At some point there will be so many rules for units, enemy tokens, new actions, tiles, it will become unwieldly to put the game down and come back to it after a few months.

I fear another expansion will bloat the game and hurt it overall. The only new content I'd like to see is scenarios (particularly solo ones). So I wouldn't complain if a scenario book was released (or online scenarios for free).

Of course, you're free to avoid getting another expansion, if you prefer. The game's already a bit unwieldy to begin with, IMO, so I don't mind adding more onto it. And I like that expansions for the game can do so without adding more space... new units, spells, artifacts, map tiles, monsters, etc., just get added to their existing decks. And depending on what they do, you don't necessarily need any more rules. The new Adv. Actions and Spells and Artifacts in Lost Legion don't need any additional rules. Yes, the Units and Map Tiles and monsters add a few new things, but not too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
charlest wrote:

Of course, you're free to avoid getting another expansion, if you prefer. The game's already a bit unwieldy to begin with, IMO, so I don't mind adding more onto it. And I like that expansions for the game can do so without adding more space... new units, spells, artifacts, map tiles, monsters, etc., just get added to their existing decks. And depending on what they do, you don't necessarily need any more rules. The new Adv. Actions and Spells and Artifacts in Lost Legion don't need any additional rules. Yes, the Units and Map Tiles and monsters add a few new things, but not too much.

Come on, you really think people on this forum can avoid buying an expansion for a game they love? I won't be able to help myself because I'm a masochist. It's like how I have this nagging feeling at the back of my brain that adding in Pegasus and Exodus don't really make BSG a better game, "but, the new characters are cool, executions are thematic, the CFB makes pilots more useful, treachery is kind of neat, goddamn this game is bloated."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hear you. The last two times I played BSG was base game only, and I kept thinking how perfect that game seems to be. But the kind of things added to BSG include a lot of extra stuff that is peripheral to the main game (and sometimes takes away from its brilliance, IMO). With MK, I think you can always add new cards, units, monsters, characters, etc., and the essence of the game is still the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Myfly wrote:
There is already a video interview of wizkids personnel confirming new Mage knight characters in the new expansion on YouTube...

So what else except the new characters?

I was in the video, and I'm not WK personnel. I thought it was made clear that new characters was just my thoughts and nothing official
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Paul! Currently, really enjoying Krang and that character expansion. When might we see the next character expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.