Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Horizontal (Rolodex-style) deck boxes? Dividers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still struggling with how to organize my cards. Right now I've sleeved my core set (and am about to sleeve a second core set), and I've got a couple decks in deck boxes. But I find I'd kinda like a deck storage box that is oriented horizontally rather than vertically -- sort of like a Roladex, complete with dividers. Can anyone recommend such a thing? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I use a Rolodex, with dividers. At least, I did for Lord of the Rings.

Seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Upper Deck side-loading binders, because apparently I'm made of money (selling off my Magic collection is helping, both for the money and suddenly having free side-loaders lying around for the taking).

Each page is 3x3, so when you open the binder on a double page, you get a nice line of 6 cards. Which is exactly one objective and its 5 associated cards. So for each double page I sleeve 3 objective sets. I use the first and last pages for things like faction cards or Dark/Light side cards.

Usually that's considered a big no-no but in order to fit two cores in one binder, I just sleeve both copies of each card together. I figure that putting two cards in a slot is not going to deform it as badly as putting a playset from another game like A:NR or Magic:TG, which would involve sleeving 3-4 cards in that slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies. Heh, I hadn't thought of using an actual Rolodex. I'll look into it.

Jean-Philippe, do you unsleeve your cards before you put them in the binder? I have an Ultra-Pro binder book, and it's a bit of a squeeze to get my sleeved cards into the slots. I use FFG clear sleeves, which are rather robust. I could unsleeve them, I suppose, but at this stage I'm still swapping lots of objective sets in and out, and I'd rather just have a nice Rolodex of sleeved objective sets ready to grab.

Also, I've noticed that cards on the "binder" side of my book can get a bit deformed or warped. I'm not quite sure why.

Anyway, I'm open to any and all suggestions on organizing this game. I really do love this whole objective-set thing, by the way. I'm enjoying deck-building more than I usually do in these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I always unsleeve. Old habits die hard. I typically would resleeve an entire Magic deck once or twice per tournament (after 5 rounds or so... if the day is long and I make top 8, that might mean resleeving a second time). Getting game losses for marked cards sucks.

In contrast, putting back a few objectives and replacing them in my sleeves seems routine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, if you're still reading: do you have a link to that Rolodex you mentioned? Can't find quite the right thing on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.