3 Posts

Star Wars Customizable Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mods on reduced to zero? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
Was trying the game out last night, and had an issue regarding the interaction of Power Pivot and Pilots.

Starship had a Power of 5.
Pilot adds 2 to the Power of the Starship.
Power Pivot is played, reducing Starship Power to 0.

Is it Power 5 becomes 0 +2 = 2, OR Power 5 +2 becomes 0?

I can see it being interpreted either way, but couldn't find an answer when I went searching.

Morgan Vening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anatinus
United States
Paducah
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Just a twin
badge
Don't drink the potion!
mbmbmbmbmb
Morgan Vening wrote:
Was trying the game out last night, and had an issue regarding the interaction of Power Pivot and Pilots.

Starship had a Power of 5.
Pilot adds 2 to the Power of the Starship.
Power Pivot is played, reducing Starship Power to 0.

Is it Power 5 becomes 0 +2 = 2, OR Power 5 +2 becomes 0?

I can see it being interpreted either way, but couldn't find an answer when I went searching.

Morgan Vening

Don't have the rules docs in front of me for quotes, but when a value is reset, it can't be higher. In the rare situation where there is 2 cards that are reseting the same thing, take the lower one.

TLDR, it's 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Advanced Rulebook available here on the geek as well as the Player's Committee site:

Reset
The changing of a value to a specific new value (such as power=0). When a value is reset (e.g., ion cannons, crashed vehicles, weapons that set forfeit = 0, Lateral Damage), that value is unmodifiable until restored to normal (or until the affected card leaves play).

Reset - Competing Resets
If a card has its value reset, and another action will reset that value, whichever value is lower is the one that is applied. For example, Insignificant Rebellion (V) resets a trooper's power to 2, but Speeder Bike resets its pilot's power to 0. If you deploy a trooper as a pilot on a Speeder Bike, he'll be power 0, because that is the lower value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.