Popular Tags: [View All]
J Taylor
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Questions are:
1. Is the number of Building tokens included in the game (17) a fixed limit?

2. If it is, can you remove building tokens from one building when you reached your limit to allow you to build a different building.

Example, in a game you have the Sorcerer as your governor and are able to build a building each production phase. So this would use 15 tokens for the 15 production phases plus 3 more for the "up to three column 1 buildings" that the Sorcerer allows you to build for free at the start of Year 3. And thus take 18 building tokens.

As to question 1 the only thing I can find in either rulebook was on page 4, 2nd column, blue box, of the base game's rulebook.

"The supply is assumed to be unlimited. If at any time the supply should run out of any goods or tokens, simply keep track of the extra goods and tokens possessed by the players using any method you choose."

My take on that is they are talking only about the bank as "the supply" and not the players stock of building tokens.

In relation to question 2. I assume if you can move the building token you lose access to the removed building's abilities, its victory points(even if it was one of the free ones from the Sorcerer), and there can not be a building to the right of it in the same row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You are supposed to have an infite number of Building Tokens (as expressed by the sentence you quoted).
Build a lot, the king will reward everything!
(...and have fun!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory, I believe the intent is that you are not limited in the tokens and that you could use pennies or other items to make up the lack.

In practice, I would be shocked if you are able to build that many.. . Let me know if you succeed and how you managed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's possible to build more than 17 buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it could ever happen, but it might be possible to reach nineteen buildings. If the sorcerer is your governor, you get three free buildings at the end of year three, plus one build each of the productive seasons gets you to eighteen.

The nineteenth build is possible if you manage to get the kings envoy in year one by having two buildings (provided each other player also built twice)and less resources than the other players, then use the envoy for a double build.

Assuming ideal conditions; such as events that give free resources, another player playing the priest and giving divine blessing every turn, and PHENOMENAL rolls, it might be possible to build every turn.

But I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Taylor
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Luca,
Always nice to have an official answer, and even nicer to have it in a timely fashion. So going forward the number of build tokens in not limited to 17.
Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.