6 Posts

Neuroshima Hex! 3.0» Forums » Rules

Subject: Medic, multiple strength and multiple attackers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I have been playing the Medic wrong so far! I always thought it absorb ONE wound, but playing the Android app now shows that it absorb ALL wounds!

Just to confirm. All the following conditions assume the medic is not the one being attacked.

1. If attacker with 2 strength attacked my unit, the medic absorbs both of them, and only the medic goes away.

2. If two attacker on the same initiative attacked my unit, the medic absorbs all the wounds, and only the medic goes away.

3. If two attacker on the different initiative attacked my unit, the medic only absorb the wounds from the higher initiative attacks, goes away, and my unit will get wounded from the lower initiative attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
ykphuah wrote:
I have been playing the Medic wrong so far! I always thought it absorb ONE wound, but playing the Android app now shows that it absorb ALL wounds!

The medic actually absorbs 1 attack regardless of it's strength as long as it is not being attacked during the same initiative that the unit its linked to is being attacked.

ykphuah wrote:
Just to confirm. All the following conditions assume the medic is not the one being attacked.

1. If attacker with 2 strength attacked my unit, the medic absorbs both of them, and only the medic goes away.

The medic absorbs 1 attack with strength 2 if that's what you mean.

Quote:
2. If two attacker on the same initiative attacked my unit, the medic absorbs all the wounds, and only the medic goes away.

No, the medic absorbs only 1 attack and the other goes through however you get to choose which one is absorbed so if one was strength 3 and the other is strength 1 you could prevent the strength 3 attack

Quote:
3. If two attacker on the different initiative attacked my unit, the medic only absorb the wounds from the higher initiative attacks, goes away, and my unit will get wounded from the lower initiative attacks.

Correct but only because the medic works automatically when you are attacked and is non-optional so even if you wanted to prevent the second attack rather than the first one you wouldn't have a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The rules seem pretty clear on how medics work:
Quote:
USING MEDICS
Medic Modules (or Medics) cannot be 'turned off' if they are
connected to a unit. Their effects are in play all the time.
The Medic absorbs wounds inflicted by one enemy only; if
several opponents wound the target with the Medic Module, its
commander decides which attack is absorbed.
If the Medic is connected to more than one unit, and all the
units are damaged, the player chooses one of them to be ‘healed’
by the Module.
If a single unit is connected to two Medic Modules, the controlling
player chooses which Medic absorbs the damage when hit.
If both - a Medic and the connected unit are hit simultaneously,
the Medic is destroyed first and cannot heal the unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had misunderstood the same way, and also leart the right way through the android app

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that in app (I'm playing iOS version) medic works differently and absorbs attacks from ALL units during the same initiative. Strange. Any ideas why they implemented different rule in app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Simply put they should not have and the Android app I have has it implemented correctly. It's possible that you have an old version of the IOS before a bug was fixed but now I'm just speculating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.