United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife cackles as she lobs a Fireball at me, the goblin shaman. He deftly grabs his holy symbol for a Full Shield and mutters praises of the goblin king. A burst of Anti-Anti sparkles forth from her wand. The goblin wets his pants with a torrential Flood.

Did the flood succeed in protecting him, or is the power of Anti-anti so vast that no amount of pant wetting will save you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CyberGarp wrote:
My wife cackles as she lobs a Fireball at my goblin shaman. He deftly grabs his holy symbol for a Full Shield and mutters praises of the goblin king. A burst of Anti-Anti sparkles forth from her wand. The goblin wets his pants with a torrential Flood.

Did the flood succeed in protecting him, or is the power of Anti-anti so vast that no amount of pant wetting will save you?

I don't have the rules with me, but it was my impression that Anti-Anties are used against Anti spells...and a full shield isn't really an anti (an anti would reverse the spell, not block it).

By my recollection, her anti-anti goes careening off into space, your shield soaks up her fireball, and no pant wetting takes place.

Anyone else care to weigh in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zomber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Anti-Anti negates any one counterspell. So it stops the Full Shield. Then other counterspells, like the Flood, could still be played.

The evil wizard's wand nullifies the shaman's Full Shield. The goblin shaman, realizing his fate is sealed, wets the entire map, extinguishing the oncoming Fireball, and the shaman must live with his shame for yet another round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like either way, you were going to come out on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Koopmans
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:

I don't have the rules with me, but it was my impression that Anti-Anties are used against Anti spells...and a full shield isn't really an anti (an anti would reverse the spell, not block it).

By my recollection, her anti-anti goes careening off into space, your shield soaks up her fireball, and no pant wetting takes place.

Anti-anti counters any counter spell targeting one of your spells. Full shield is countering the fireball spell, and is thus a legal target for Anti-anti.

CyberGarp wrote:
My wife cackles as she lobs a Fireball at my goblin shaman. He deftly grabs his holy symbol for a Full Shield and mutters praises of the goblin king. A burst of Anti-Anti sparkles forth from her wand. The goblin wets his pants with a torrential Flood.

I'm assuming you mean that after the anti-anti spell, you cast the Flood spell to counter the fireball spell that is no longer countered by your full shield spell. This is legal, and will stop the fireball. The Anti-anti spell only counters one target counter spell, not all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.