Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to beat those new darn Storm Dragons.

Will the 'new' Altem Guardian effectively block the swift ice attack of the Storm Dragon?

Just trying to wrap my head around the 'new' swiftness block method and the power of those dragons angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty straightforward. The Altem Guardians give you 8 block, which is doubled against enemies with swiftness, so you're looking at 16 block total. Storm Dragons, annoying enemy that they are, have 4 Ice attack that is also swift.

So You'd normally need 8 points to block a 4 swift attack. However, because it is ice based, anything that is not Fire Block is halved (inefficient).

So to answer your question, to fully block the Storm Dragon attack, you would need 4 * 2 = 8 Fire Block, or 16 normal Block. The Altem Guardians give 16 block against Swift attacks, so yes, they can block the Dragon's attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Trevor - sometimes when I think I've finally found something effective against a tough creature I also figure I've missed something shake

Thanks for the confirmation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.