• [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered picking up a third, but frankly I wouldn't know what to do with all the cards (and bits, for that matter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
I considered picking up a third, but frankly I wouldn't know what to do with all the cards (and bits, for that matter).

I keep 3 corp and 3 runner decks together since I'm currently the only one in my group who owns cards. The bits are stored away since I use the iPad app to track resources during games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maghd wrote:
Jowjow wrote:

I keep 3 corp and 3 runner decks together since I'm currently the only one in my group who owns cards. The bits are stored away since I use the iPad app to track resources during games.

This is when I note (and lament) the relative dearth of apps on Android vs. iOS...

Otherwise, good point. I normally am in my shoes, but this time I've actually got a couple of friends who've bought stuff. Pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you point me to this iPad app please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gardner
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Could you point me to this iPad app please?

It's called "AN Tracker"

Free in the app store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Powers
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
Visit my comic at Liltoon.com
badge
I love exploring dungeons.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's called AN Tracker - I haven't used it in a game yet but it looks good and simple. Unless there is another app being referred to in which I am not aware.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/an-tracker/id586004981?uo=4&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
It's cardboard-pr0n for the fanboys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm trying my hardest to not buy a second core. I've only played a couple of times with friends and there isn't a tournament scene here (at least not yet), so I could always proxy a few cards if required. But that isn't helped by my addictive personality which has hit hard for Netrunner. Must.... resist..... robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TKNumber3 wrote:
I'm trying my hardest to not buy a second core. I've only played a couple of times with friends and there isn't a tournament scene here (at least not yet), so if I could always proxy a few cards if required. But that isn't helped by my addictive personality which has hit hard for Netrunner. Must.... resist..... robot

I haven't even played the new version of the game and I'm already barely making my Will saves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
TKNumber3 wrote:
I'm trying my hardest to not buy a second core. I've only played a couple of times with friends and there isn't a tournament scene here (at least not yet), so if I could always proxy a few cards if required. But that isn't helped by my addictive personality which has hit hard for Netrunner. Must.... resist..... robot

I haven't even played the new version of the game and I'm already barely making my Will saves.

The ablility to build decks online is nice, as that way if I want multiple decks I can have a handy list allowing me to quickly throw together a new deck without having to remember what all the cards were. I need to try and get OCTGN working for this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TKNumber3 wrote:
I'm trying my hardest to not buy a second core. I've only played a couple of times with friends and there isn't a tournament scene here (at least not yet), so I could always proxy a few cards if required. But that isn't helped by my addictive personality which has hit hard for Netrunner. Must.... resist..... robot

I was wondering if I'd really need a second core (or more) and waited until I got some plays in and started deck building.

Well, I have a second core now, and I'm eying a third. It really comes down to time.

After getting the second core I realized I could have more decks (mostly) pre-built, and do a lot less card swapping when changing out decks. If you love to deck build and think it's something you'll constantly be tinkering with, and can afford it, a second core can really open up your options (especially since you're getting more of the cards you only got two or three of before).

Now for a third core? I'm going to see how well I do with just the two first. Plus it may be cheaper just to buy the cards I want on the secondary market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt a secondary market will ever develop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I will get a second core but the third one is still in the air. Thanks to Ash there's not too much of a need for a third Corporate Troubleshooter and I may want to live without SanSan City Grid.

WHAT AM I SAYING, SELL IT TO ME, I NEED MORE CARDS TO MAKE MY LIFE WORTH LIVING!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riastradh wrote:
I doubt a secondary market will ever develop.

Definitely not at the scale of the CCG market, but if Netrunner continues to increase in popularity there's a good chance we'll see smaller operations pop up. Right now I've only seen it at the local level with folks buying core sets and selling the singles, doubles and triples, and on eBay, so the secondary market is already there, just not huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The main reason excuse I used for buying a third core was to let me have a set of teaching decks ready (the default Jinteki and Shaper decks, minus the 3 singles, replaced with 3 2x cards). Building extra tournament decks is an added bonus.

Besides, paying ~$26 for 11 cards is nothing, I've paid $10 for a Magic card before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of prices would this secondary market be selling cards at? We know that all the 11 single copies are the "rarest", but a few of them are more desired than others (troubleshooter vs data dealer), given that a core set should get picked up at around $30ish, a single could fetch up to... What, $5?

Would you pay $5 for a troubleshooter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
TKNumber3 wrote:

I was wondering if I'd really need a second core (or more) and waited until I got some plays in and started deck building.

Well, I have a second core now, and I'm eying a third. It really comes down to time.

After getting the second core I realized I could have more decks (mostly) pre-built, and do a lot less card swapping when changing out decks. If you love to deck build and think it's something you'll constantly be tinkering with, and can afford it, a second core can really open up your options (especially since you're getting more of the cards you only got two or three of before).

Now for a third core? I'm going to see how well I do with just the two first. Plus it may be cheaper just to buy the cards I want on the secondary market.

If I find myself playing competitively I may get a second core. Hard to say if a few more data packs are going to make up for not having it. I always picture data packs having the flair cards while the core has your bread and butter go-to's. Maybe if they release a larger expansion pack it will be a possible substitute. The real trick will be getting the cards into the house without my SO noticing whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.