Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a recommendation

Late last year, I got a great new laptop -- big screen, supwer-powered. It's my primary computer. However, I'm spoiled from having multiple screens when I use my work computer.

So - I'm looking to add a portable USB monitor to my laptop setup .... However, since I actually use my laptop on my lap (and not on a desk or table), it's important to find a product that attaches to the laptop; as compared to one with a stand-alone kickstand (or similar).

Suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
They have USB monitors?

I thought just HDMI, DVI and SVGA were video connectors?

Edit: apparently, there are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And, with that being said, I'm not opposed to an HDMI, DVI or SCGA monitor that still meets the requirements above. The actual video connection is immaterial to me (in fact, HDMI would (obviously) be a better picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmb
Lemur wrote:
However, since I actually use my laptop on my lap (and not on a desk or table), it's important to find a product that attaches to the laptop; as compared to one with a stand-alone kickstand (or similar).
How did you imagine this being set up? Above the main monitor, or beside it? Above would make it top-heavy, and I doubt the hinge will be up to it (unless you attach it to the base - still it will tend to make the whole thing want to topple backward. Beside would put the keyboard off centre - which may not be a big deal.

Perhaps something like a TV with its own stand that can go on the floor in front of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.