Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The boss card reads:
"Start of each combat round:
Place 3 Health tokens on this card.
End of each Resolution step:
Remove 1 hit token from the damage box for each Health token on this card."

Now, are these tokens just place markers, meaning that 3 damage on the first round, 6 on the second, etc., or are they added health for the boss?

If it's the latter, when can these tokens be removed? When doing damage to the boss, or after her initial 10 health is removed?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I just figured out my own question.

The health tokens are indeed added health, but they're not ever removed. You have to surpass an ever-growing health total to defeat her. With the other nasty ability, getting just enough gets tougher and tougher.

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the health tokens are just markers. She doesn't receive added health from them. However, they do boost her regenerative powers. If you don't finish her off quickly, it will rapidly become impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Correct.

If during the "Ranged Strike" step 10 hit tokens are in the box, she dies before going onto Resolution step. If not, she regenerates 3 health.

So, let's say in Round 1, I deal 4 blue dice, and 4 red dice.
I did not defeat in the "Ranged Strike" step.
I block 4 damage, then move them to the ranged area.
Since 8 damage was dealt, she lives, and heals 3 damage, leaving 5 in the damage box.

Round 2: I deal 4 blue dice, and 4 red dice.
So, at end of "Ranged Strike" step, she has 9/10 tokens in the damage box.
13 hits are in the damage box, but her ability kicks in, healing 6 damage.
Now, she has 7 hits in the damage box.

Round 3: I deal 4 blue dice, and 4 red dice (consistently rolling well, eh?)
At the end of "Ranged Strike" step, she has 11/10 tokens in the damage box, and is finally defeated.

So, really, she isn't impossible to defeat; you just need blue dice to be able to finish her off before she heals (more and more).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Now I'll know, just in case this ever comes up again.

--Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomBoombs wrote:
Correct.

If during the "Ranged Strike" step 10 hit tokens are in the box, she dies before going onto Resolution step. If not, she regenerates 3 health.

So, let's say in Round 1, I deal 4 blue dice, and 4 red dice.
I did not defeat in the "Ranged Strike" step.
Since 8 damage was dealt, she lives, and heals 3 damage, leaving 5 in the damage box.

Round 2: I deal 4 blue dice, and 4 red dice.
So, at end of "Ranged Strike" step, she has 9/10 tokens in the damage box.
13 hits are in the damage box, but her ability kicks in, healing 6 damage.
Now, she has 7 hits in the damage box.

Round 3: I deal 4 blue dice, and 4 red dice (consistently rolling well, eh?)
At the end of "Ranged Strike" step, she has 11/10 tokens in the damage box, and is finally defeated.

So, really, she isn't impossible to defeat; you just need blue dice to be able to finish her off before she heals (more and more).

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got the game and I'm a bit confused about this. Why wouldn't she die in your second phase when she has 13 damage counters during the resolution phase? Aren't you supposed to immediately defeat things during the resolution phase (if able)? Her ability doesn't kick off until the end of the resolution phase. She can't use it if she has been defeated.

From Pg.30 of the rulebook:
c) Resolution Step wrote:
Now, if the number of hit tokens in the damage box equals or exceeds the Health value of at least one opponent creature or boss, those tokens are discard-ed, and the creature is immediately defeated(remove the creature’s figure from combat and place it back with the unused creatures). Multiple creatures can be defeated in this way: Simply resolve one creature at a time. If the last remaining creature is defeated, the combat ends immediately.

She has been defeated before you have reached the end of the resolution phase, thus immediately ending combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got the game and I'm a bit confused about this. Why wouldn't she die in your second phase when she has 13 damage counters during the resolution phase?

She would. Good catch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.