Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hay
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Are you allowed to attack a unit more than once in a combat phase?

2) Can you declare different attacks against individual units in a hex?

please cite the rule case on these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Plâtre
Spain
flag msg tools
1) Are you allowed to attack a unit more than once in a combat phase?

No.
10.4 Paragraph 2.
"The attacking player declares wich units attack the defending units and resolve these attacks one at a time".

Yes, provided that:
10.4 Paragraph 1.
"If a player decides to have combat, he must attack all defending units that are adjacent to his attacking units"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Romero
Spain
Ajalvir
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with 1 but 2, I think that Williams wants to ask if 2 defend units in a hex can be attacked in 2 diferent combats or they have to be attacked in only 1 combat.

I think that you have attack in only 1 combat all as one stack.
More opinions???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hay
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto,
1) What would stop me from declaring multiple attacks on the same unit?2) I agree with you. There are too many unique units in the game. Being allowed to "pick them off" worries me. I've been collecting a number

FYI: Dan & I are playing WWIII. As the US & allies, I was reeling the first three turns but now feel unstoppable. IIRC, the current VP total is -15. In a couple of turns I should be in the black We have had to come up with a number of house rules. A few examples of our house rules:
A) We don't allow multiple ground attacks into a hex in a single combat phase.
B) NO bombardment air mission can take the last step of a ground unit. I've picked off near a dozen of his infantry units that way. We're on GT7 of WWIII & I've been killing 3-4 units each turn the last four turn with my air power.
C) The US marines can only with draw 4 units to the holding box through the beachhead marker in a movement phase.

-William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Bond
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arm69mad wrote:
I agree with 1 but 2, I think that Williams wants to ask if 2 defend units in a hex can be attacked in 2 diferent combats or they have to be attacked in only 1 combat.

I think that you have attack in only 1 combat all as one stack.
More opinions???

2 o more defend units in a hex can´t be attacked separately, they always add their defense factors.
The atacking player declares which units will attack the defending units and resolves these attacks one at a time, so defending units can only receive an attack in Ground Combat Phase, although this may come from multiple units from different hexagons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
Pipersun wrote:

Yes, provided that:
10.4 Paragraph 1.
"If a player decides to have combat, he must attack all defending units that are adjacent to his attacking units"

This strikes me as very odd.

In the first turn in Scenario 1, with 2 successful FSLN insurgency activations, the FDN apparently cannot attack at all with their combined 2 units of AF against the surrounding FSLN and insurgents, 8 units totalling 13 defense.

I'm going to play it out this way, but it still strikes me as very odd.

I would have thought the surrounded units would be able to pick a direction and "fight their way out" so to speak.

Clarity, comments, opinions welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.