Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the previous thread, I posted how may copy of the game includes an advertising brochure for the game that includes two additional Sprawl Cards: Upgrade and Power Armor.

Looking at it more closely now, I see some intriguing text in tiny print...

"Coming soon: Edge Tech, Edge Magic and other expansion modules."

also...

"Edge City, Edge Magic, Edge Tech, and Data Ripper are Trade Marks of Imagineering Design, Inc."

I'm quite happy leaving magic completely out of my cyberpunk, but I wonder how far along these expansions got. Maybe James learned something about this... four years ago...

Edits: Golly, I'm good at typing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, it also mentions the upcoming expansions on the back of the box. After posting this, it occurred to me that I did not recall ever looking at the back of the box. Not such a find, then, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the main thing that killed this game was the awful manual. If it had one like what James wrote it might of done better and we might of seen some of the expansions.

I wrote about pimping and playing the game in my blog. I think it needs some extra love in the design department. I'd come up with another way to advance instead of using money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know how far along these were as well. I bet they were lists on new cards and possibly index card mockups with no art or final text even commissioned yet.

Still a list is all we would need to make our own semi-official expansion.

Bet the author still has them around somewhere.

Regarding the rulebook - please see my Turn Order post, which illustrates and, hopefully, corrects why the old book was such a problem with some gamers.

James book is cool, but features a major error in the Turn Order and Player Actions that distort the game beyond what it's mechanics can actually handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edge Magic sounds like the plan might have been to try to ride the coattails of Shadowrun, which had become a big success at the time (still is, really).

How did i not know this game existed?!?! A cyberpunk "Talisman-esque" game?!! Right in my wheelhouse!!! Need to find a copy ASAP!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.