Popular Tags: [View All]
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few rules questions that I am pretty sure I am playing right but I want to be sure.

1. If you are adjacent to your opponent, can you "Advance 1 or 2 spaces" past him or is that then considered Retreating since you are technically moving away from him?

2. If you have Soak and Stun Guard, do you apply for Soak first to reduce your damage and then check your Stun Guard to see if you are stunned?

3. How does Khadath's Evacuation style work exactly? If Khadath does not win priority, can his opponent still not hit him? Or can the opponent win priority, move and then hit Khadath?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Let me hear you hissssssss...."
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Advance or Retreat are defined before you move. So if you're adjacent, and have to advance 2, you will move 3 spaces forward(one being the leapfrog over your opponent)

2. Resolve the Soak first, then stun guard for whatever damage remains, correct.

3. Khadath's Evac movement happens at start of beat, so you move backwards before your opponent gets to activate their move/attack anyway. It's similar to how burst works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
I have a few rules questions that I am pretty sure I am playing right but I want to be sure.

1. If you are adjacent to your opponent, can you "Advance 1 or 2 spaces" past him or is that then considered Retreating since you are technically moving away from him?

2. If you have Soak and Stun Guard, do you apply for Soak first to reduce your damage and then check your Stun Guard to see if you are stunned?

3. How does Khadath's Evacuation style work exactly? If Khadath does not win priority, can his opponent still not hit him? Or can the opponent win priority, move and then hit Khadath?

Thanks in advance.

1. If you are adjacent to your opponent and move the full 2 then yes. There would be one space between you and your opponent, assuming there is room. Remember though, two advance ones are exclusive movements (like Cadenza's Hydraulic Drive) which would cause you to flip flop over your opponent.

2. You are 100% correct. Soak then stun guard. This is one reason Eligor and Cadenza are so tough to stun.

3.if the opponent can move off your trap, then they can hit you. Assuming you don't out prioritize and stun them first, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thank you guys for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.