Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight I had a lost bid of 3 yellow pieces. I wanted to use an event of mine(activated with another meeple) to convert one yellow meeple to a green. Could I have used 1 in the set of 3 that was a current lost bid? I ruled no, but I wasn't sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, all over-bid meeples need to be moved and used together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is answered in another thread. You would have to turn in all three yellow meeples to get the one green meeple. The group of three yellow meeples cannot be split -- they must all be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
I think this is answered in another thread. You would have to turn in all three yellow meeples to get the one green meeple. The group of three yellow meeples cannot be split -- they must all be used.

Actually, I don't think this is possible at all.

You have to use an unused yellow meeple from behind your screen for the yellow->green switch, I believe.

The group of meeples could be used to make another bid or activate a tile, but you can never split them, you have to use them in a group (it's fine to add more from behind your screen, though).

The tile in question works like this:

You put one or more meeples on it to activate it (as normal). These can be of any color (or have to match previously placed meeples, if any). Then you take another yellow meeple from behind your screen and switch it for a green meeple.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Spielfreak wrote:

Actually, I don't think this is possible at all.

You have to use an unused yellow meeple from behind your screen for the yellow->green switch, I believe.

The group of meeples could be used to make another bid or activate a tile, but you can never split them, you have to use them in a group (it's fine to add more from behind your screen, though).

The tile in question works like this:

You put one or more meeples on it to activate it (as normal). These can be of any color (or have to match previously placed meeples, if any). Then you take another yellow meeple from behind your screen and switch it for a green meeple.

Bye
Thanee

When I tried to look it up, it did not indicate that the yellow meeple had to come from behind the screen... This is why I am asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:

In the case of this game, I would have gone ahead and exchanged all 3 in, as it would have been much more beneficial to me. It would have given me 2 greens back(tile was upgraded) and I ended the game with the 2 victory points per green meeple place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules specifically call out that extra workers can be used when activating tiles, but say "and then places an additional worker in the bag of the colour indicated". That's singular.

I'd rule than a 1-meeple unsuccessful bid could be used, but not a multiple one, but I'd like to see the designer's clarification.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is where it was discussed in a thread quite a while ago, that I think answers the OP's question.

Sebastian Bleasdale wrote:
chally wrote:
Although you didn't ask about it, now seems like a good time to clarify that keyples which are in an auction and have been outbid can also switch roles and be placed into the bag as part of an exchange (such as conversion into green keyples). The only restriction is that all keyples moving like this must stay together.

Can you explain precisely how this happens? It never occurred to me that this would be possible.

So, for example, if I activate the Peddler, which of these can I do:

a) place one yellow worker from behind my screen into the bag and take one green worker from the supply;

b) place multiple yellow workers from a losing bid into the bag and take one green worker from the supply;

c) place multiple yellow workers from a losing bid into the bag and take an equal number of green workers from the supply;

d) place multiple yellow workers from behind my screen into the bag and take an equal number of green workers from the supply;

Is there anything else I can do with the Peddler?

You will only ever get one green worker from the Peddler (or two if the tile has been upgraded). In order to get that green worker, you will need to activate the Peddler, and place a yellow worker back into the bag.

However that yellow worker does not need to be from behind your screen - it can be a worker in an auction which has been outbid. If that yellow worker is part of a group which has been outbid, and you choose to exchange it, then the entire group must be placed into the bag.

Therefore, in answer to your question, you can do either (a) or (b), and cannot do (c) or (d).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
This is where it was discussed in a thread quite a while ago, that I think answers the OP's question.

chally wrote:
Although you didn't ask about it, now seems like a good time to clarify that keyples which are in an auction and have been outbid can also switch roles and be placed into the bag as part of an exchange (such as conversion into green keyples). The only restriction is that all keyples moving like this must stay together.

Can you explain precisely how this happens? It never occurred to me that this would be possible.

So, for example, if I activate the Peddler, which of these can I do:

a) place one yellow worker from behind my screen into the bag and take one green worker from the supply;

b) place multiple yellow workers from a losing bid into the bag and take one green worker from the supply;

c) place multiple yellow workers from a losing bid into the bag and take an equal number of green workers from the supply;

d) place multiple yellow workers from behind my screen into the bag and take an equal number of green workers from the supply;

Is there anything else I can do with the Peddler?

You will only ever get one green worker from the Peddler (or two if the tile has been upgraded). In order to get that green worker, you will need to activate the Peddler, and place a yellow worker back into the bag.

However that yellow worker does not need to be from behind your screen - it can be a worker in an auction which has been outbid. If that yellow worker is part of a group which has been outbid, and you choose to exchange it, then the entire group must be placed into the bag.

Therefore, in answer to your question, you can do either (a) or (b), and cannot do (c) or (d).

That does indeed answer the question. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
When I tried to look it up, it did not indicate that the yellow meeple had to come from behind the screen... This is why I am asking.

The rulebook states, that outbid meeples can be moved elsewhere, but apparantly this also includes moving them into the bag!

Good to know!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.