7 Posts

Where There Is Discord: War in the South Atlantic» Forums » General

Subject: No Longer Donating Proceeds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
On the BGG page it states that all profits from the original sales of this game were donated to the Royal British Legion and Veteranos de Guerra. I note the use of past tense.

Does this mean that this is no longer the case? I've been trying to justify the somewhat exorbitant price to myself, and I thought this might help put some weight on the "buy" side of the scales if the profits are to be donated to a good cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
No. I actually made a loss on the two initial print runs, though I made a donation anyway.

I didn't want to make that commitment this time until I'd actually recouped what we lost initially.

If we make profits from this run, (which is probable), then I'll again be making a donation to the British Legion, but I'd didn't think it was fare to make that promise until I'd seen how it panned out.

• [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of how good your game is Dan, statements like this make me even happier I bought it the first time round and that I am buying two more copies this time round. I had been hoping you might at least make something out of this print run but it seems you are too generous.

You have a supporter for life here! However, it is also a bonus for me that your games are brilliant.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Hi Todd,

Well, like I said, I hope to at least make up what we lost on the initial run, but the initial games were produced on the basis of providing proceeds to charity, so I need to basically stick with that principle.

I plan to make enough to retire on from my other games...

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Brophy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danielhodges wrote:
No. I actually made a loss on the two initial print runs, though I made a donation anyway.

I didn't want to make that commitment this time until I'd actually recouped what we lost initially.

If we make profits from this run, (which is probable), then I'll again be making a donation to the British Legion, but I'd didn't think it was fare to make that promise until I'd seen how it panned out.

Only the Royal British Legion, not the Argentinian one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Tried to get in touch. Never got any response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe by the fifth edition you'll need to walk on water for people to buy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.