Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Bagley
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for clarification, because I know the Forecast cards can only be melded on a "meld" action, which is considered slightly more specific than "melding", I have two questions.

First, with figures, when they say "If you would meld ..." whatever, or just "If you would meld," this counts for any kind of melding, right? Unlike a forecast?

So then another question, does such a karma also refer to the melding of the forecast? So I get the effect (potentially) for melding the first card with a melding action, which then I use to trigger the melding of a forecast card, so then I also get the karma effect of that meld as well? I just want to make sure. Otherwise it is very specific and not very flexible because I don't think I have found any cards that say "when you would meld for any reason ..." type of text anywhere.

I have yet to see one that says "when you would take a meld action", but I'm sure that's in there. Is perhaps the difference in the usage the use of caps "Meld action" versus "meld" for the process, perhaps similar to the use of "Draw action" versus "draw" in any other context?

Similar things like "tucking" are obviously applied only through a separate action, as it is impossible to tuck anything any other way, so clarification is nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
These refer to melds from any source. A meld action, or an effect that causes a card to be melded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.