Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb

Queen Games is looking for some new ideas for Escape: The Curse of the Temple, and thought it would be fun to turn to the BoardGameGeek community for ideas. So, here's your chance to get your idea published in a future expansion or promo!

Click here for contest details!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Queen Games "Escape: The Curse of the Temple" Design Contest! Ends Feb. 7th!
Gberdex wrote:
Will there be a micro badge?

There's no way to auto-give a microbadge for this one since the microbadge is typically given when someone hits the "submit" button in a contest, so there won't be one this time around. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Weinstein
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Queen Games "Escape: The Curse of the Temple" Design Contest! Ends Feb. 7th!
This contest = AWESOME FUN TIMES!

Great idea Queen Games/creators of Escape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only in these for the microbadges, so I am out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Vete
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trading microbadge for game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:

What else can you win?

I though getting the microbadge was considered winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:

If you don't like this CONTEST ... I think you can ESCAPE from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this contest.
Especially since you can also see what other people think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
I think maybe I will take a whack at this one, even if 0 microbadge. Just not today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this contest, too bad I've never played the game, don't know the rules, and thus can't really participate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:
I like this contest, too bad I've never played the game, don't know the rules, and thus can't really participate

The rules are simple enough that you could probably just read them and still think of stuff that would be fun to add!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an idea, but I have no idea how to post a new Geeklist item.

I hit add item but an error message came up that said, Thread number is not in the database?

Anyone have a step by step on how to post the idea to the contest?

Thanks,

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel C.
United States
Deshler
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see an end date anywhere. Am I just blind?

EDIT: Yep. just blind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aech Woo
msg tools
I just noticed that the fine prints state:

"The contest is open to all BoardGameGeek.com members who have entered valid and verifiable information upon registration, including name and email address."

What does it mean exactly? I don't display my real name in my account, for privacy and professional reasons. This does not violate bgg rules, since when registering it is clearly stated that: "You may use a fake name if you do not want your real name to be visible" and they ask for First/Last name "(or pseudonym)". Even bgg admins use pseudonyms, right Chaddyboy?

I wouldn't mind to enter my real name in the profile, if I was given the option to keep it private. But there is no such option. I didn't mind giving to BGG my main email address, it contains my actual name, but is set private.

So what does the fine print exactly mean regarding the names? Will I be automatically excluded because I use a pseudonym here? I'm spending some time thinking and testing various idea, and I would like to be sure that I'm not wasting it!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Van Kempen
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aech wrote:
I just noticed that the fine prints state:

"The contest is open to all BoardGameGeek.com members who have entered valid and verifiable information upon registration, including name and email address."

What does it mean exactly? I don't display my real name in my account, for privacy and professional reasons. This does not violate bgg rules, since when registering it is clearly stated that: "You may use a fake name if you do not want your real name to be visible" and they ask for First/Last name "(or pseudonym)". Even bgg admins use pseudonyms, right Chaddyboy?

I wouldn't mind to enter my real name in the profile, if I was given the option to keep it private. But there is no such option. I didn't mind giving to BGG my main email address, it contains my actual name, but is set private.

So what does the fine print exactly mean regarding the names? Will I be automatically excluded because I use a pseudonym here? I'm spending some time thinking and testing various idea, and I would like to be sure that I'm not wasting it!

Thanks!

Well, I think they do want an address to send your prices to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aech Woo
msg tools
RalfvanKempen wrote:

Sure, and I don't mind sending them all the info they need in case I win. But I didn't enter my real name upon registration, and if this is what they ask then I simply don't qualify for the contest. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aech wrote:
RalfvanKempen wrote:

Sure, and I don't mind sending them all the info they need in case I win. But I didn't enter my real name upon registration, and if this is what they ask then I simply don't qualify for the contest. Is that correct?

Yup, the basic thing is that we need to be able to contact you, so email address is the main thing. You should have no problem entering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading somewhere else that to also win BGG contests your geek marketplace account needs to be in good standing. Meaning if you owe money for items sold, it needs to be paid. Not sure how much of a balance one can have or how long it can be outstanding for to be excluded from a contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aech Woo
msg tools
Great! Thanks a lot for the replies, these are very reasonable requests! Just wanted to make sure :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damn! Only 4 microbadges away for a 100 contests...and no microbadge? The next one can't come fast enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having trouble submiting my idea. I clicked add a new geek list at the top of the browser. Butit doesn't. Seem to be adding my idea to the queens game contest. Can someone help me or point in the right direction ..I'm new. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Having trouble submiting my idea. I clicked add a new geek list at the top of the browser. Butit doesn't. Seem to be adding my idea to the queens game contest. Can someone help me or point in the right direction ..I'm new. Thanks!

1. Go to the contest page: Queen Games "Escape: The Curse of the Temple" Design Contest! Expired.
2. After the fine print, you'll see a bar with these options:
Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 am
Subscribe sub options / Add Favorite / Hide All Comments / Titles Only / Add Item / GeekList Rolls

Click Add Item
3. Choose a Board Game title (or other item on BGG) to "represent" and be displayed with your entry. Do this by clicking "Board Game" and then filling out the "Board Game" field with the name of the board game you wish to link.
4. The Comments field is where you will write your idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,

That worked!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
STYLES_DNR wrote:
Thanks,

That worked!

D.

Glad to help. Thanks for the GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, i registered a really long time ago and i don't remember if i submitted an email address. I just checked my profile page and don't see one. How can I verify this, and how can i change it if i didn't include one at time of registration?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.