Popular Tags: [View All]
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when i play Missile Envy, Grain Sales or Five Year Plan at the Headline Phase and i draw the China card from the opponent? Do i play it or is the card cancelled and returned to me since it cant be played at the Headline Phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And one more question. At Headline, the Soviet played We will bury you and i played five year plan and drew Defectors. Is the soviet's headline cancelled or does he get to make it since his card is 4ops and five year plan 3ops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The China card is never part of a player's hand and so cannot be drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
China card isn't in your hand of cards. It's just availible to play (or not) So you cant get it with envy.

We will bury you happens first anyway. Not sure if defectors can cancel a lower value card off of five year plan, though. I'm sure someone else does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Makis mou wrote:
What happens when i play Missile Envy, Grain Sales or Five Year Plan at the Headline Phase and i draw the China card from the opponent? Do i play it or is the card cancelled and returned to me since it cant be played at the Headline Phase?

The china card, by rule, is never part of your hand and thus can never be obtained by the cards you list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
scifiantihero wrote:
Not sure if defectors can cancel a lower value card off of five year plan, though. I'm sure someone else does.

Of course it can. The event happens and the Soviet headline is moot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Makis mou wrote:
And one more question. At Headline, the Soviet played We will bury you and i played five year plan and drew Defectors. Is the soviet's headline cancelled or does he get to make it since his card is 4ops and five year plan 3ops?

WWBY happens.

From FAQ:

Q: If Defectors is not selected by the US, but a Headline event causes it
to be played, is the USSR Headline event canceled?

A: If the event that caused Defectors to be played would be executed before the USSR event, then that event is canceled. If the USSR event has already been executed, it is not canceled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.