Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Finding Somebody to Paint My Mini's! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TF Radcliff
msg tools
I've accumulated some mini's I'd LOVE to get painted. Long-term, it'd be awesome to learn to do it on my own, but for these games, I'd prefer to get it right the first time lol.

The games in question:

Battlestar Galactica
Cyclades
Mice and Mystics

Nothing would please me more than to get these mini's done right.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryll Gerk
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
Empress Rin
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the local forums and ask for someone who does commission work in your area.
If that fails, try www.coolminiornot.com, they are the biggest miniature painting website I know, you should find someone there who does work of the level or price range you want. (Also, a lot of tipps to learn how to do it yourself )
Or you could look at your local hobby-store. They sometimes display samples or flyers from people who offer commission paint jobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some people at my LFGS that paint and were willing to paint some minis for me, so that's a route to try and explore. The best part is you know where these people hang out and can bother them about when they'll get finished

You can also look at Lazuli Painting run by : N/A
They've been painting minis commercially for at least the past year - got some real nice work posted on their Facebook page. They have done a lot of Warhammer and Dust Tactics in the past and offer 3 price levels of painting detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always hire me. Take a look at my work and let me know what you think. Geekmail me if interested.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/robbdaman/library/My%20...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted about getting someone to paint my TI:3 in the miniatures painters guild and had three responses within a day that are resonably priced. you might try that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David P
msg tools
mb
dcall wrote:
that are reasonably priced.

That can be the sticking point. As someone who has painted more than his fair share of minis anything but a very basic paint job is very time consuming. I recently painted several minis for Super Dungeon Explore and it took me 2 evenings to paint 2 minis, between actual painting and drying times and prep.

So even at a minimum wage rate of $8/hr that would still be something like $60 for 2 minis - and I think my time and skill are worth more than that.

If you just want solid colors and clean lines then you can do that yourself with very little practice. If you are looking for multiple levels of shading, etc, be prepared to pay for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.