Subject: balance between monster's cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
each monster has his own evolving cards....the balance between these card for each monster is correct?i mean there is no a stronger monster than the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played with all the monster cards yet, but they seemed pretty balanced (the ones we have played). Many of them are variants on the power cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done a direct comparison but have had a chance to play with all of them now. They do feel fairly balanced, but it's hard to directly judge without playing a lot of games. The effects can shift greatly depending on which evolution cards you get and in which order as well as what other standard power cards you have in play. It's far to variable to really tell. I can say that so far no creature has felt totally over powering consistently, but that's about it.

The one thing the evolution cards do, that we really like, is give each monster their own personality. If you use the evolution cards you will likely shift your play style to take advantage of them. I think it's a good idea when you pick your monsters the first few times to let layers read through their evolution cards first, to see what they do. Then make them shuffle and play the game as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.