Popular Tags: [View All]
Ole Steiness
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of you have one or more of the Mad Men Emergency Cards – new, custom cards to be shuffled in with the rest of the Event Cards. They are primarily available to people who Kickstarted or pre-ordered the game, but on some other occasions (like supporting The Dice Tower on Kickstarter) you might get a hold of a few of these cards.

The rules for these aren’t included with the deck, but Karl did a good job explaining them here: http://www.commonman.com/mad-men-cards/

He also encourages people to make the house rules that fit your gaming group the best. Let your imagination run wild - It is Mad Men, after all!

Sometimes I like to keep things simple, so I thought I would post some house rules on how you can also play with the Mad Men cards:

SETUP:
Decide which of the Mad Men cards at your disposal you want to include in the game. Shuffle them into the Event Card deck, but first TAKE OUT the Emergencies with the matching locations (as only one Emergency can ever happen at the same location in the game).

PLAY:
Treat the Mad Men card(s) as it’s own (purple) colour, in regards to when to place and move the Urgent! Marker. Yes, this might make the game a bit easier, as you have less of a chance to draw the same colour several times. HOWEVER, these are Desperados that you need to deal with swiftly – and to underline this in the game, NO POLICE CARDS MAY BE DRAWN as long as any Mad Men (purple) cards are on the map!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
This makes introducing Mad Men to the game much more challenging – deal with them fast, to get access to Police Cards again… and make sure to keep resources available to deal with those Mad Men, once they show up.

Have fun gaming!

Ole Steiness,
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mad Men rules – Designer’s Pick!
Cool. I like that. We learned the hard way that the lack of being able to draw Police Cards can be nasty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KRAMPUS
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mad Men rules – Designer’s Pick!
This is very different from the Mad Men Rules posted by Common Man.

Can this variant be included on the pdf of the Common Man Mad Men rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steiness wrote:
Some of you have one or more of the Mad Men Emergency Cards – new, custom cards to be shuffled in with the rest of the Event Cards. They are primarily available to people who Kickstarted or pre-ordered the game, but on some other occasions (like supporting The Dice Tower on Kickstarter) you might get a hold of a few of these cards.

The rules for these aren’t included with the deck, but Karl did a good job explaining them here: http://www.commonman.com/mad-men-cards/

He also encourages people to make the house rules that fit your gaming group the best. Let your imagination run wild - It is Mad Men, after all!

Sometimes I like to keep things simple, so I thought I would post some house rules on how you can also play with the Mad Men cards:

SETUP:
Decide which of the Mad Men cards at your disposal you want to include in the game. Shuffle them into the Event Card deck, but first TAKE OUT the Emergencies with the matching locations (as only one Emergency can ever happen at the same location in the game).

PLAY:
Treat the Mad Men card(s) as it’s own (purple) colour, in regards to when to place and move the Urgent! Marker. Yes, this might make the game a bit easier, as you have less of a chance to draw the same colour several times. HOWEVER, these are Desperados that you need to deal with swiftly – and to underline this in the game, NO POLICE CARDS MAY BE DRAWN as long as any Mad Men (purple) cards are on the map!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
This makes introducing Mad Men to the game much more challenging – deal with them fast, to get access to Police Cards again… and make sure to keep resources available to deal with those Mad Men, once they show up.

Have fun gaming!

Ole Steiness,
Game Designer

Fun House Rules Ole!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steiness wrote:

these are Desperados that you need to deal with swiftly – and to underline this in the game, NO POLICE CARDS MAY BE DRAWN as long as any Mad Men (purple) cards are on the map!

FINAL THOUGHTS:

This is my favorite Part...

NO POLICE CARDS MAY BE DRAWN

wow

Mad Men Cards just got harder!!!!

surprise

see update...

http://www.commonman.com/mad-men-cards/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Steiness
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:

Mad Men Cards just got harder!!!!

surprise

Yes, they truly are Desperados now wow

Thanks for updating things so fast, Karl!

Cheers,
Ole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mad Men cards in this variant are not duel colored as they are in the Common Man rules.

I don't think dropping in the "No Police Card draw" rule, while retaining duel colors, into the Common Man variant without actually testing it is a wise move IMHO.

How about keeping both variants seperate and put both on the PDF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
The Mad Men cards in this variant are not duel colored as they are in the Common Man rules.

I don't think dropping in the "No Police Card draw" rule, while retaining duel colors, into the Common Man variant without actually testing it is a wise move IMHO.

We'll call that the "War Chief Variant"!!!!

(meaning... where there are duel colors, but No Stopping of the Police Cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Springheeledjack wrote:

We'll call that the "War Chief Variant"!!!!

(meaning... where there are duel colors, but No Stopping of the Police Cards)

I'm touched. I've never had a variant named after me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.