Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone could post a review about this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
Simplify, prioritize,... enjoy! :-D
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that'd be really nice! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Galletto
Italy
Monasterolo di Savigliano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that'd be useful. By now I've only played the online version via Wakfu's MMORPG. It's quite hard to master all the combos and skills, and still there are no buffs and equipments such as those in the "physical" game. Few things I noticed:
1. Buying the wild GG is almost suicidal. Way better to get it as part of the reward for defeating an opponent's figure.
2. The rule that makes everyone lose a GG if they roll a double at the beginning of the turn can turn a good strategy in a loss and a bad strategy in a victory. I think it's a bit much, many times I was left with 1 GG and would have won if not for a double at the beginning of my own turn.
3. The careful administration of bonuses from dice is incredibly relevant. Armor and Crit rolls in particular can turn the tides in a tremendous way. 4. Many attacks deal 1 damage and a lucky Armor roll (remember, characters always roll a die for armor, two if they have the armor power) can make them totally useless.
Overall, the game is cute and tactical but luck can play a huge role. Unless you're playing against a beginner, you'll win or lose by a couple of GGs, or even only one. That's when armors and crits become the most important thing. As a boardgame player and (amateur) designer, I always prefer player vs player games not to have an excessive luck component.

All this IMHO, looking forward to a complete review from someone who has played with the full game, including demonic rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
First of all Krosmaster by itself is a pretty great collection of minifigs. The size is slightly bigger then the yellow box of a kinder egg. (barely fits inside a closed fist). Great models and colors with a SD style (like Slage would have been). Good quality, with hard and soft plastic for the differents parts (softer plastic on arrows; wings or other thin parts). But with shaking them a big too much may cause arms or head separation. Not breaking, juste put the pointy bit with a little glue, and it will be as new.

Krosmaster Arena is the first game using theses figs. providing a foldable, double sided, board, loads of tokens and 2D trees and bushes(2 cardbords stuck in a cross).

The game itself is pretty neat, and each game is different. The random aspect is mostly done by dice as a 1 damage attack can easily be boost to 2 with a critical hit, or reduced to 0 with an armor. Wide panel of characters with high or low stats and weak or strong attacks. But playing better figurines also means you are playing with fewer characters.

The mix between tactics and luck, is much more like a traditionnal Stretegy game, such as Warhammer 40k. Building your team, making good use of lign of sight and range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.